Home   Forums   Gallery   Vendors   Advertising   Links
Go Back   DieselRam.com > General Diesel Topics > Oil, Filters, Lubricants and Fuel Additives
Oil, Filters, Lubricants and Fuel Additives NEW! A forum to discuss your experiences, recommendations, and technical knowledge of diesel grade oils, lubricants, and fuel additives. Please, no FUEL questions in this section.

Old 07-16-2007

Default Re: Seafoam as an Injector Cleaner

I'll be changing my fuel filter this week, so I'm going to give it a try and fill the bowl up with Howes Meaner Kleaner. Let it run for 45 seconds, then let it set for a hour. Is the the way it's done?
04.5, 2500, Flame Red "Dragon", 2/WD, 48RE, 4:10, Quadzilla Commander, Xzillaraider 2 XZT, Rokk timing sensor, Banks High Ram Intake, Mechanical Oil Pressure Gauge, Holly Black, Navigation Sym, Firestone Air Bag, Hellwig Sway Bar, Spray/Liner, Factory SRT-10 Hood, Mag-Hytec Diff. & Tran. Keystone Bullet, Honda EU2000iA
Old 07-16-2007

My self I would not pour SeaFoam or PS straight in to my fuel filter housing as neither one has any lube in it at all for your injectors, so why would you want to take a chance of screwing them up?

As for PS it has a lot of Naptha aka lighter fluid/paint thiner and no lube that I could find so I will no longer use it in my fuel. Now that I use Lucas I no longer have to worry that I may have a sticking injector problem I like did when I used PS and or 2 cycle oil and with Lucas I get a small increase in my fuel mileage.

JMHO.
Old 07-17-2007

What, no commits on Howes?

I want to pour it straight into the fuel filter to clean the injectors, NOT lube them up.
04.5, 2500, Flame Red "Dragon", 2/WD, 48RE, 4:10, Quadzilla Commander, Xzillaraider 2 XZT, Rokk timing sensor, Banks High Ram Intake, Mechanical Oil Pressure Gauge, Holly Black, Navigation Sym, Firestone Air Bag, Hellwig Sway Bar, Spray/Liner, Factory SRT-10 Hood, Mag-Hytec Diff. & Tran. Keystone Bullet, Honda EU2000iA
Old 07-17-2007

I myself don't see why it would be a problem. It's not that different from a BG injector treatment you could get from a dealer or service center where they pump the cleaner straight through the fuel system/injectors. Just in this case you get to choose your product of choice (Howes, Lucas, PS, BG44k, Sea Foam, etc) and take advantage of being able to fill the filter bowl (instead of the BG apperatus to pump it through).
2004.5 SLT QCSB 600CTD/6sp, FASS 150/150, Jacobs Brake, Westach Dual Gauge (EGT/Boost) w/SRT10 pillar mount, MBRP Muffler "kit", Rokktech CPS (Removed), Westin Nerf Bars, Firestone Riderite Airbags & onboard air w/dual control, ARE Topper Shell...
Two '05 Kawasaki Prairie 700 4x4 ATV's (his & hers) and a '06 Kawasaki 50cc for the daughter
'66 Mustang Coupe, Modified 302/C-4
'09 Ford Escape Limited (hers)
Old 07-18-2007

Changed my fuel filter last night, filled the bowl up with Howes Meaner Kleaner, ran the engine for about a minute, let it set for a hour, then took it on the highway at about 90-110 mph, and all I can say is "look out", yes I would say it works, runs excellent now, realy smooth.
Old 07-19-2007

sea foam is good stuff
100 plate 3/4 forward, boost elbow. torque lock switch ,BHAF,boost & pyro guages.kdp killed. AFC stuff done, 3k gsk .hush ring missing,4" exhaust , Goerend Brothers billet trans with triple loc converter and trans . new 5x12 injectors, DV's and .075 Barrels ,fire rings . timing 16* and just a turbo away from complete