Home   Forums   Gallery   Vendors   Advertising   Links
Go Back   DieselRam.com > General Diesel Topics > Oil, Filters, Lubricants and Fuel Additives
Oil, Filters, Lubricants and Fuel Additives NEW! A forum to discuss your experiences, recommendations, and technical knowledge of diesel grade oils, lubricants, and fuel additives. Please, no FUEL questions in this section.

Old 11-16-2006

Default Re: New owner of 2006 5.9

The fish eye grease fitting is located on the front driveshaft CV joint. Jack up the front drivers wheel and jack stand the axle. You only need to jack up the drivers wheel. Crawl under truck and put your head up by the transmission and look back at the CV joint. Now rotate the jacked up wheel slowly while paying close attention to the center part of the CV joint. You should see a small hole with what looks like another inside of it hence the term fish eye. Use as bright of a light as you can because that little sucker is hard to find.

The needle grease needle I'am talking about looks just like the one you would get a shot from only bigger. Looks like a 10 gauge needle for giving cattle shots with. [img]/forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]

I bought mine at checkers but I would think any auto parts store would have them.
Old 11-16-2006

Default Re: New owner of 2006 5.9

disregard this post I accidently hit quote instead of edit. [img]/forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/slap.gif[/img]