Home   Forums   Gallery   Vendors   Advertising   Links
Go Back   DieselRam.com > Other Topics > On The Side
On The Side The name says it all. Are you bored? Have a rough day? Cat cough up a hairball? Well come on in and tell us about it! Here you will find discussions on almost everything under the sun. No Religion Or Politics are to be discussed here. PERIOD!

Old 05-01-2020

Default May Mornins

Good Mornin DR, up early and getting ready for work. Nose gear is assembled and under pressure, mains are next. Balancing control surfaces on a C310 after paint, car shops aught not to paint airplane parts. SMH.
'06 2500 Brilliant Black Pearl Thunder Road, QC, 4X4, G56 w/ SBDD, Home Brew in the gearboxes Volant CAI, ATS Arc Flow , Airdog 100, AFE 4" cat back, Smarty JR, Warn lock-outs, drilled and slotted rotors, HBS steering stabilizer, Pacbrake airbags, Bilstiens, RP 15W40 , 2 BIG BALLS (shift knobs) from Geno's, 5th wheel slider, step bars. The next mod is........

'74 Trans Am, someday car.......
'10 Wildwood 356 SRV
'15 Mid-life crisis
'98 Oytota Navalon
Old 05-01-2020

GOODMORNINGDIESELRAM...Where did April go?
'91.5 somewhat stock w-250 4x4 5sp Except for the EVIL twin turbos, K&N filter, two small shopping cart dents in right door, Monroe SENAS-TRAC rear shocks. cheap $35 air horns. KDP tabbed. South Bend clutch 13-1.25 Con O. Max stixs, 4" Rip Exhaust,No Muffler, Old Smokey fuel pin. EGR rear disc. Engine breathed on by Max.
My Black Cloud Is Back!...
2012 3500 crew cab Ram 6spd manual, 8' box
I'm just so tired of being tired
Now on facebook
Old 05-01-2020

Went into town to find some insulation for the toilet tank to keep it from sweating. No such luck. The same for compression socks. As the hardware store was next to the airport I drove past the old place. There where some management people around so I dropped in to get an update on the company. The court denied their request to liquidate, so the Part 135 operation may survive as there where only 2 leased aircraft out of 57. As far as the 121 operations, most likely the aircraft will go back to their lease holders and the 121 certificates sold as all those aircraft where leased. So maybe by June 1st, I'll be going back to work is the word. We shall see.
Old 05-02-2020

Good morning DR, more like spring everyday....gonna cut grass and ride the bike.....yesterday was an eye opener.
'06 2500 Brilliant Black Pearl Thunder Road, QC, 4X4, G56 w/ SBDD, Home Brew in the gearboxes Volant CAI, ATS Arc Flow , Airdog 100, AFE 4" cat back, Smarty JR, Warn lock-outs, drilled and slotted rotors, HBS steering stabilizer, Pacbrake airbags, Bilstiens, RP 15W40 , 2 BIG BALLS (shift knobs) from Geno's, 5th wheel slider, step bars. The next mod is........

'10 Wildwood 356 SRV
'15 Mid-life crisis
'98 Oytota Navalon
Old 05-02-2020

April.......April..???...APRIL.!!!!!!

Good May, Morning DieselRam!!!
Yep, the 4 H's of southern summer will rear their ugly heads before you know it.
A very nice 51 this morning, mid 80's later.
Picked up my "thank you meal" from the golden arches on the way in this morning.
I mowed the grass yesterday since I was home about 5...well, some of the grass.
Grass mowing is a never ending cycle around our place.

The young whipper snapper they put in charge around here wants to test hose today...2000 ft.
Weekends are supposed to be downtime, emergency calls only.
That's why I drove the mustang to work this morning so it could get its semi annual bath and wax job.
Where's the "peace out" emoji..?

JFJ, I've ridden a tad here and there. Once upon a time it was EVERY weekend and an hour run in the evening once or twice a week.
I've run the trumpet down the road and back a few times.
Fired it up last weekend in Dad's shop, she popped right off, no drama.
I just need a day with nowhere to go and all day to get there
Stock, until...
My Other Truck is a Fire Engine!!

Last edited by smokediver; 05-02-2020 at 06:58 AM..
Old 05-02-2020

34 warming into to low 50s. Tried working on the house yesterday, but the mosquitoes where hungry. Sold my aircraft tools yesterday to a young pilot wanting to get his A&P. That cleared out some space in my tool box. Hope there is some wind today, I want to try and replace the mirror on the 01.
Old 05-02-2020

GOODMORNINGDIESELRAM...State is still on lockdown till the end of this month, maybe end of June. The governor may lift the ban on buying new vehicles later this month. This order just doesn't make sense to me
'91.5 somewhat stock w-250 4x4 5sp Except for the EVIL twin turbos, K&N filter, two small shopping cart dents in right door, Monroe SENAS-TRAC rear shocks. cheap $35 air horns. KDP tabbed. South Bend clutch 13-1.25 Con O. Max stixs, 4" Rip Exhaust,No Muffler, Old Smokey fuel pin. EGR rear disc. Engine breathed on by Max.
My Black Cloud Is Back!...
2012 3500 crew cab Ram 6spd manual, 8' box
I'm just so tired of being tired
Now on facebook
Old 05-02-2020

Sunny mid 80's today. Caught a bunch of wind and sun on Red today.
Now it's lotion, cold beverage and Opry playback on 650am.
01.5,Red QC Sport SWB,HO,6spd,4x4,cowl hood, Drag Comp,4"ex., fuel press. gauge, boost&pyro gauges, bhaf, single Holley lift pump next to the fuel tank/13psi WOT, Vulcan Big Line, cheapo fuel cooler, Amsoil in the trans. & Valvoline in the pan, 62-65-.70A/R, ARP studs, kevlar/ceramic SD clutch, jammer 100's

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetfueljockey View Post
Doc says I'm in pretty good shape for an 83 year old guy.....one of these days I need to tell him I'm 59.

Time to turn so's you don't burn.
Old 05-02-2020

Sounds like the perfect day Clunk. Wind and heavy rain and temps in the 50's up here today. Going to uncover my bike and clean it up tomorrow, might insure it later this month, no traffic anymore, and my 100 mile a day commute would be awesome. I haven't ridden in a few years now, but all you guys talking bikes has got me all stirred up. The wifey isn't too keen on the idea, but she bought me the bike for an anniversary gift years ago. (2000).
2008 Dodge Ram 3500 Heavy Duty, SLT Quad Cab short box, Bilstiens, levelling kit, BD Steering Box Stabilizer Bar, BD heavy duty swaybar links, BD double deep tranny pan, Air bags, Onboard air, Fisher Snow Plow, 35" BFG K02 Tires Edge moniter.
Old 05-03-2020

Good morning DR, pleasant start to the day....supposed the be a fab day. I'm seeing more wind therapy in my future today. PIGIRON, when you take the cover off check your tires for dry rot, bikes are like all machines, better to wear out than rust out. Every other car was a bike yesterday, it was awesome Coffee is ready y'all......

'10 Wildwood 356 SRV
'15 Mid-life crisis
'98 Oytota Navalon