Home   Forums   Gallery   Vendors   Advertising   Links
Go Back   DieselRam.com > Archived Threads > Archive: Technical Info: 3rd Generation
Archive: Technical Info: 3rd Generation This forum has now been closed to replies and new posts, but can still be searched and read. Please post new threads in one of the new 3rd Gen technical Forums. Archive contains Technical discussions and questions relating to third generation (2003 - 2006) trucks.

Old 08-30-2005

Default Re: Questions

Anyone ever find anything out on the hard starts. I have been paying close attention to mine and it never goes through the heat cycle either. Trying to get it in to the dealer to see what they say now. It is getting pretty embarassing to be a busy parking lot, and this new truck that still has temp tags has a hard time starting. Also seems to be happening more often now.
Old 01-31-2006

Did anyone ever find out anything on this hard starting?
I won't buy the idea that it is normal. Sometimes it starts up much quicker than normal. Other times I have to crank for an extended amount of time before it will decide to fire up. Once it fires, it runs fine (hardly any stumble or miss when cold).
I will pay more attention to the grid heaters. I think they function just fine.
The only other problem it has is trying to idle after a load. When coming up to a stop sign and pushing in the clutch; it will 'hunt' for an idle speed. It will typically drop under 700, shoot above 800, drop again and then settle into 750. Just seems strange as my '05 was rock solid on it's idle.
Dan
73 International 2X4 1210 Crew Cab Just Waiting to be a CTD! 76 Scout: Looking for a 4BT!!
Old 01-31-2006

Mine does it too. I noticed it usually happens when I've been driving, the engine's warm, and I fire it up again with out letting the fuel pump cycle for a few seconds. If I let it cycle, it starts OK.
Diablo Sport Power Puck
3.73 LTD Slip
MB Quart/Alpine/Phoenix Gold System
Inferno Red
Smith's Ultimate Linings Spray-in Bed Liner
Reese 16k Dual Pivot Hitch
Firestone RideRite Airbags
Keystone Laredo 315RL Fifth Wheel
SWEEEEEEET