Home   Forums   Gallery   Vendors   Advertising   Links
Go Back   DieselRam.com > Archived Threads > Archive: Technical Info: 3rd Generation
Archive: Technical Info: 3rd Generation This forum has now been closed to replies and new posts, but can still be searched and read. Please post new threads in one of the new 3rd Gen technical Forums. Archive contains Technical discussions and questions relating to third generation (2003 - 2006) trucks.

Old 01-30-2006

Default Re: Cummins over strokers?

I personally would like to put my motor in front of the allison in a GMC Southern Coach package. Or even the king ranch package of Ford. I will stick with the '60s technology of Dodge just because "if I am payin for it, I want to drive it" I really don't want to have a truck that sees more of the inside of a shop than the road because of a head gasket or one of the other(too numerous to mention) problems with the retrofitted V-8s made to run on diesel. The other trucks we have had at 145,000 miles would be nickel and diming us to death by now and knock on wood the ol Dodge hasn't yet.
Old 01-30-2006

Oh and by the way, Did that answer your question? You aren't the only one who loves the Cummins.
Old 01-30-2006

http://forums.thedieselstop.com/ubbthrea...=5&o=31&fpart=1
Old 01-31-2006

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> AustinMegaCab
I traded my 2003 Ford 250 Powerstroke and loved the truck, BUT WOW do I love this new Dodge </div></div>Why did you change [img]/forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif[/img]

[QUOTE ] oldman

traded my 2000 powerstroke for 06 dually sorry i did, i got 20 mpg on my ford this o6 is getting 15 mpg

[/QUOTE]

Well that would be because your 06 has much more power and torque than your 00 [img]/forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif[/img]

My neighbor rolled in with a new PS today, [img]/forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif[/img] [img]/forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif[/img] Gotta talk to that boy tomorrow. He traded in his 04 PS [img]/forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif[/img] I have no idea what he's thinking
04 Laramie (H) 2500 HO QC 4X4 48RE 3:73 LS Putco Boss Bars LineX AFE Stage II Silver Stars 956 Moto's high idle ROKK sensor FASS MagHytec Diffs & DD trans pan

The Second Amendment is only vague if:
1. You cannot read and comprehend the English language
2. Choose to selectively alter the meaning of "the people" from amendment to amendment
3. Have never read any of the writings of the Founders

Anything else is a willful effort to twist the meaning of the Constitution to fit an agenda, or profound stupidity."