Home   Forums   Gallery   Vendors   Advertising   Links
Go Back   DieselRam.com > Other Topics > On The Side
On The Side The name says it all. Are you bored? Have a rough day? Cat cough up a hairball? Well come on in and tell us about it! Here you will find discussions on almost everything under the sun. No Religion Or Politics are to be discussed here. PERIOD!

Old 07-01-2017

Default July mornins

Good morning DR, slept in till 6:45 this morning, coffee is ready and going to put brakes on the truck this morning, do a light look see at the old girl and probably go to Nashvegas.....might take the new addition to the fleet.
'06 2500 Metallic Black Thunder Road, QC, 4X4, G56 w/ SBDD, Home Brew in the gearboxes Volant CAI, ATS Arc Flow , Airdog 100, AFE 4" cat back, Smarty JR, Warn lock-outs, drilled and slotted rotors, HBS steering stabilizer, Pacbrake airbags, Bilstiens, RP 15W40 , 2 BIG BALLS (shift knobs) from Geno's, 5th wheel slider, step bars. The next mod is........

'74 Trans Am, someday car.......
'10 Wildwood 356 SRV
'15 Mid-life crisis
'98 Oytota Navalon
Old 07-01-2017

Send a message via ICQ to CaptainCummins Send a message via AIM to CaptainCummins Send a message via Yahoo to CaptainCummins

Had an interesting delivery yesterday, we got a Kawasaki 65tmv loader we bought at an auction, the loader isn't all that special, but the fact that a machine that weighs in the neighborhood of 30,000 lbs was delivered by an F350 on a gooseneck trailer is!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 350.jpeg (89.1 KB, 12 views)
Old 07-01-2017

Never seen anything like that....doesn't even look legal, I mean look at the size of the tires and axels on that trailer, they look so puney. Did he travel far with that and probably not many hills in the area ?
Old 07-01-2017

Well today is Canada's 150th Birthday....huge celebrations everywhere, even in this tiny town of 6000, rumour has it that there is going to be a firework or two. Also my 60th Birthday tomorrow, might be a firework or two then also.
Old 07-01-2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetfueljockey View Post
Good morning DR, slept in till 6:45 this morning, coffee is ready and going to put brakes on the truck this morning, do a light look see at the old girl and probably go to Nashvegas.....might take the new addition to the fleet.
So you just woke up 15 minutes ago? Have your coffee yet?
Quote:
Originally Posted by PIGIRON View Post
Well today is Canada's 150th Birthday....huge celebrations everywhere, even in this tiny town of 6000, rumour has it that there is going to be a firework or two. Also my 60th Birthday tomorrow, might be a firework or two then also.
So I'm 51 weeks older than you. Thanks for reminding me I'm getting old.
Old 07-01-2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCummins View Post
Had an interesting delivery yesterday, we got a Kawasaki 65tmv loader we bought at an auction, the loader isn't all that special, but the fact that a machine that weighs in the neighborhood of 30,000 lbs was delivered by an F350 on a gooseneck trailer is!!
So, you gonna start digging dirt Cappy?

Hauled dirt on a skinny bone road but had no issues.
Got some rain this afternoon too.
01.5,Red QC Sport SWB,HO,6spd,4x4,cowl hood, Drag Comp,4"ex., fuel press. gauge, boost&pyro gauges, bhaf, single Holley style lift pump next to the fuel tank...13psi WOT, Vulcan Big Line, cheapo fuel cooler, Amsoil in the trans. & Valvoline in the pan, jammer 100's, 62-65-.70A/R, ARP studs, kevlar/ceramic SD clutch

Time to turn so's you don't burn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cougar View Post
If you remove the gutters, you won't have to clean them. Problem solved..
True love is when she gives you the ham from her egg mcmuffin
Old 07-01-2017

Send a message via ICQ to CaptainCummins Send a message via AIM to CaptainCummins Send a message via Yahoo to CaptainCummins

That guy hauled that loader from Kentucky to New York :O .

I've always enjoyed playing in the dirt, but I like working on trucks. The equipment side of our shop is rough. I have a hard time keeping up with everything on the truck side, we have around 20 truck models, detroit and cummins engines, GM gas engines converted to propane, a few transmissions and alot of electrical systems, but the equipment lines we have are really broad, you name an engine manufacturer we have it in something, CAT, Cummins, Detroit, Mercedes, Isuzu, Iveco, Hino, Yanmar, Kubota, Volvo, Scania, Fiat, and I'm sure there are more. Every piece of equipment is a learning experience. With trucks a customer can describe a problem and I can tell them the problem lol.
Old 07-02-2017

Good morning DR, got my coffee made (cougar) and assassinated a giant wolf spider that crossed paths with me this morning, laundry in the washer. The install on the front brakes became a bit more involved as the bleeder screw broke off......the local "National Aviation Parts Association" (NAPA) had both sides in stock so those were added to the job description along with a flush of the front brake lines. Pedal feel is better and effort is less. Rear is next......
'06 2500 Metallic Black Thunder Road, QC, 4X4, G56 w/ SBDD, Home Brew in the gearboxes Volant CAI, ATS Arc Flow , Airdog 100, AFE 4" cat back, Smarty JR, Warn lock-outs, drilled and slotted rotors, HBS steering stabilizer, Pacbrake airbags, Bilstiens, RP 15W40 , 2 BIG BALLS (shift knobs) from Geno's, 5th wheel slider, step bars. The next mod is........

'74 Trans Am, someday car.......
'10 Wildwood 356 SRV
'15 Mid-life crisis
'98 Oytota Navalon
Old 07-02-2017

Good Morning DieselRam !!!!
July is GRILLING month and ICE CREAM month!!!

Happy Birthday KANADA !!!
US turns 241 on Tuesday, but most of the celebratin around here is this weekend.

Capt Cummins, maybe you can help me with the Cummins/Allison relationship. How do I get full powertrain control from one PCM in a Ram if I put an Allison behind my 6.7...like freightliner does...

Sunny now, threat of thunder boomer things thru tomorrow. But then that's ALWAYS a threat in these parts. 70'ish to mid 80's but air so thick you can cut it with a knife.

Ordered an aftermarket reman unit for the 07, 3 yrs unlimited mileage warranty was the prime motivator, plus any/all known upgrades to the 68rfe including pump, valve body, heavier OD/UD-clutches and planetary, extra clutches, billet-1600 rpm converter
(I told them if it didn't stall below 1900 I would be one highly PO'ed dude and they would KNOW it)

Giving some HEAVY thought to swapping (sell and buy) the 96 and 99 for an '02 Four letter word....(one currently located)
I gotta have a better backup truck. Love my 12 valve, but this job is more than it really wants. Tranny slipping again..2nd and OD.
The 99 would be a better possibility maybe, even being a 2500, but such a list of stuff it needs, including it's 3RD VP$$ since I've owned it.....heater core, dash, AC leaks freon, radio is possessed, and how long will that tranny last...
The blue oval tranny is supposed to be one of the better ones from THAT era, I'm told.
There's even kits to put them behind a cummins.

Maybe this shoulda been my rant of the day instead of the morning hey y'all...
#10 fuel plate, AFC mods, straight exhaust, silencer ring...??
99 2500 2wd, quad cab, auto, raptor on frame rail, big line kit, k&n filter right on the turbo.
'07, megacab, 2wd, dually, 6.7, 6 spd auto,
DPF gutted, h&s programmer, jasper turbo.

My Other Truck is a Fire Engine!!

Last edited by smokediver; 07-02-2017 at 08:35 AM..
Old 07-02-2017

Rain, rain, and more rain. Temps only into the mid 50's at best. Sun came out for a little while yesterday and so did the carpenter ants. Squished a couple hundred.