Home   Forums   Gallery   Vendors   Advertising   Links
Go Back   DieselRam.com > Diesel Ram Technical Topics > Technical Info: 2nd Gen 24 VALVE DRIVETRAIN
Technical Info: 2nd Gen 24 VALVE DRIVETRAIN Technical discussion of second generation (1998 - 2002) 24-valve engine and drivetrain questions, solutions and upgrades.

Old 4 Weeks Ago

Default getting the Death Wobble now

Well just replaced the clutch , and am starting to get the death wobble . Well , it has probably been coming on for a while now but I was thinking it was my shocks or old worn tires .Did see some play in the track bar today . Because of finances I am thinking a rebuild kit , precisely the Luke`s Link kit for the track bar , instead of a aftermarket upgrade . Anyone here use this and what are your thoughts on it ? Thinking of doing tie rod ends also if this seems to be a good product , as time and finances allow .
Any thoughts on this ?
Thanks
Old 4 Weeks Ago

I found a replacement set of bushings from Energy Suspension for my third gen.....O'Reileys ????? About 12 bucks was the damages.... Ya might check
'06 2500 Metallic Black Thunder Road, QC, 4X4, G56 w/ SBDD, Home Brew in the gearboxes Volant CAI, ATS Arc Flow , Airdog 100, AFE 4" cat back, Smarty JR, Warn lock-outs, drilled and slotted rotors, HBS steering stabilizer, Pacbrake airbags, Bilstiens, RP 15W40 , 2 BIG BALLS (shift knobs) from Geno's, 5th wheel slider, step bars. The next mod is........

'74 Trans Am, someday car.......
'10 Wildwood 356 SRV
'15 Mid-life crisis
'98 Oytota Navalon
Old 4 Weeks Ago

I had SolidSteel brace kit installed some time ago and have no problems since. Works wonderful while towing, no full left or right steering battle just to staybin one lane. Also had the Moog adjustable bearings put on and so far no problems there
2001 2500 QCSB 4X4, White, 5sp, 3.55 rear w/Dana 80 and posi-track, Dana 60 front, camper special. Rhino Bullbar and taillight protectors. Leer canopy.Westach Dual EGT Gauge and Boost Guage. KN cold air kit. Injectors have been extrude honed.
Old 4 Weeks Ago

That should have read adjustable ball joints.....
2001 2500 QCSB 4X4, White, 5sp, 3.55 rear w/Dana 80 and posi-track, Dana 60 front, camper special. Rhino Bullbar and taillight protectors. Leer canopy.Westach Dual EGT Gauge and Boost Guage. KN cold air kit. Injectors have been extrude honed.
Old 3 Weeks Ago

You do not need adjustable ball joints unless the camber is off. They are a pain to have adjusted correctly and not easily changed once adjusted the 1st time. Certainly the chain shops and independents without competent people running the alignment machine have no interest in getting them right.
2000 Quad Cab,Longbed, NV4500, 410 Gears, 4X4, ISSPro gauges, Thuren 3rd Gen Trackbar (beautiful), AGR Steering Box - box works - NOPE, spoke too soon. Never AGR again. 2 dumped fluid & lost brakes & steering, 4th is too loose. AGR = pp quality control & long wait for replacement (doing something different. Will update with what works), DSS Steering Brace, AirDog 100 = 13# solid, Rusty Doors (POR15 at the bottom for now covered with color match Rustoleum)
Old 3 Weeks Ago
Administrator

Are they adjustable or rebuildable? I will be putting in a set of rebuildable ones on my next go round, they are adjustable as they wear to take up the slack.

sold
'96 2500SLT CC LB 2WD, KDP tabbed,100Hp Maxsticks,16* ,3k gsk,afc modded,#8 tst plate,62/70/13 turbo,4" MBRP exhaust,AFE stage III dry filter intake,autometer boost pyro, oil, tran temp,DSS,rebuilt diff & tranny w/billet triple lock TC w/lockup switch,1tn rear cylinders,ride rites on all 4 corners w/on board air,465k km. 330 hp 766 ft/lbs