Home   Forums   Gallery   Vendors   Advertising   Links
Go Back   DieselRam.com > The 911 Help Category > 911 Help! Emergency Only! For General Info Use Tech Forums
911 Help! Emergency Only! For General Info Use Tech Forums This section is ONLY (repeat ONLY!) to be used in a situation where you are broken down and in dire need of IMMEDIATE help! Otherwise use the normal "Technical" forums below for information requests.

Old 04-06-2010

Default Wrong fuel(gas) in tank

'01 2500 6 spd manual-was very low on fuel and had someone I thought could handle it put +/_ 3 gal in -truck started sputtering- I was alone on country roads and just wanted to make it home- had no idea it was gas til I syphoned it out and it smelled like gas-not diesel. I syphoned as much as I could and added 15 gals. of diesel but it still is acting completely screwed up- smoking, bucking and losing power Help me...I'm shrinking
Old 04-06-2010

Did you make it home??? I know in the past it's been recommended that with that relatively small amount to top off the tank with diesel, and be sure to add something like PowerService as well to add lubricity. How low was/is the tank? It'd probably help to drain the filter and refill with straight diesel as well.
Old 04-06-2010

made it home- thanks...My neighbors woke up I'm sure. My DTE was 28 so it wasn't a whole lot of gas. I'll fill it and add P/Service...should I just let it idle for a good while? I'm at a neighbors right now and don't have internet access but I'll wait for a response---and thank you so much!
Old 04-06-2010

Add a quart of 2 stroke outboard oil to the tank it will help with the lubricity.

2001 3500,
Auto BUILT w/ Billet Triple Disc Convertor,
3:54 gears,
Edge Comp.hot box with MAX-IMUM STEALTH COVER,
60HP VanAaken in standby mode,
351,300 miles when sold.
1999 Ford F250 SOLD,
2005 Ford Mustang SOLD,
2009 Chevy Equinox,
Kubota diesel lawn tractor.
Old 04-06-2010

Thanks- I'll do that 1st thing when I wake up- at the crack of noon(j/k) ...I'm beat ! Once again you guys come to my rescue. Don't ever think y'all aint appreciated..Nite all
Old 04-06-2010

Not too sure I'd want to let it idle, as extended idle time with diesels isn't too good to begin with. At idle, diesels tend to not get hot enough for complete fuel combustion, with can lead to unburnt fuel leaking past the piston rings and diluting the oil over time. This is of course worse in the winter, but still occurs in the spring summer, just to a lessor extent.
Old 04-07-2010
Administrator

Give it a shot of Power Service, and you might want to change the fuel filter if you haven't done so. Drain the cannister all the way down, add some fresh fuel in the filter before you put the lid on.
2000QC,SLT,SB,4x4,Intense Blue,Auto,4.10,DSS,AFE Megacannon PRO GUARD-7,silencer ring MIA,Edge Comp-pump wire untapped,Rip's 4in Fair Shake Exhaust,Isspro EVs fuel,boost,pyro,FASS 95/150, S/S '03 trackbar bracket, Thuren '03 trackbar, HTS Ultimate Duty trans w/ billet input & output, 89% Suncoast convertor, 150HP MAXsticks

'06 Liberty CRD, Inferno Red Crystal Pearlcoat, GDE ECO tune

'12 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT, Bright Silver Metallic

'98 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo

Tags
Debi