Home   Forums   Gallery   Vendors   Advertising   Links
Go Back   DieselRam.com > General Diesel Topics > Drag Racing/Sled Pulling/Mud Bogging
Drag Racing/Sled Pulling/Mud Bogging Discuss the latest in competitive diesel events -- by popular request.

Old 04-27-2009

Default another addiction, firebird raceway

so one of the local diesel clubs asked me to come race with them, being as project MAX-FREEK is not done, and is not really good for drag racing anyway I went out with the other half's Nissan Titan.

runner up aint too bad for the first time ever at a drag-strip is it? woulda had the win but I redlighted by -0.002

I'm definitly hooked now, next club race is in two weeks and I'll be there, I think we're going to take apart my 1000cc project bike and build a sand rail to pull double duty, dunebuggy then put some slicks on it and go to the strip.

PROJECT MAX-FREEK
p-pump 24 valve, evil intake manifold, evil cam, evil valvesprings, evil head, evil timing cover, arc-flow, needs a home '41 dodge?
Old 04-29-2009

Default Re: another addiction, firebird raceway

Firebird is a nice strip, raced there many times. Better get yourself an NHRA rule book to go by when building that bike, they are really strict with things like that. Hope to see you down there sometime. I want to hit the Nightfire Nationals.
Old 05-01-2009

I live right behind the track, hell they let Eva and I in for free when we're not racing.

as far as the bike, I've got an old '82 cheby half ton that I may make into a dragster instead. less rules that way.

PROJECT MAX-FREEK
p-pump 24 valve, evil intake manifold, evil cam, evil valvesprings, evil head, evil timing cover, arc-flow, needs a home '41 dodge?
Old 05-06-2009

I've been there so many times over the last 12 years, and you live right behind the track? This year I guess we'll have to have a mini DR get-together. You can come party with the Lost Creek boys in the lower pits.
Old 05-07-2009

I just moved here, so it's not like we've been that close.

hell yeah, if you get down here let me know, lots of room over here.

PROJECT MAX-FREEK
Old 08-06-2009

You going to be around in, say, October for their Halloween Classic? I'd like to bring the dragster and duster down for it.