Home   Forums   Gallery   Vendors   Advertising   Links
Go Back   DieselRam.com > News and Announcements > Comments and Suggestions
Comments and Suggestions Discussion of DieselRam.Com. What you like or dislike, kudos and complaints, comments and suggestions.

Old 03-23-2016
Administrator

Send a message via Yahoo to MAXTORQ Send a message via Skype™ to MAXTORQ

Sprinters ......yup work on a occasional one every once in awhile.

www.maxtorqdiesel.com
Old 03-31-2016

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAXTORQ View Post
Sprinters ......yup work on a occasional one every once in awhile.
Maybe I should post this in the RV section but I have a quick question about the Mercedes 3.0 that you might know the answer to. I have a GDE tune on it that should allow me to take the CCV to atmosphere (I plan on using a catch can ) there is a sensor in the hose between the valve cover ( supposedly some sort of centrifugal oil/air separator) and the turbo inlet. The question is should I leave that sensor on the "plugged" turbo inlet side or should I leave it in between the valve cover and catch can?
Old 04-01-2016
Administrator

Send a message via Yahoo to MAXTORQ Send a message via Skype™ to MAXTORQ

RAF did this on his Liberty. Colorado doesn't allow us to fart with the system. While I could do it shop does none of this work. EPA is about two miles from us and has already busted a few shops in Denver and Castle Rock.

www.maxtorqdiesel.com
Old 04-01-2016
Administrator

My Lib just has the hose from the CCV to the turbo inlet pipe, no sensor in the hose. I didn't bother with a catch can either. I can ask the Sprinter tech at work next week, or maybe shoot an e mail to GDE to see what they say.
2000QC,SLT,SB,4x4,Intense Blue,Auto,4.10,DSS,AFE Megacannon PRO GUARD-7,silencer ring MIA,Edge Comp-pump wire untapped,Rip's 4in Fair Shake Exhaust,Isspro EVs fuel,boost,pyro,FASS 95/150, S/S '03 trackbar bracket, Thuren '03 trackbar, HTS Ultimate Duty trans w/ billet input & output, 89% Suncoast convertor, 150HP MAXsticks

'06 Liberty CRD, Inferno Red Crystal Pearlcoat, GDE ECO tune

'12 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT, Bright Silver Metallic

'98 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo
Old 04-03-2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAF View Post
My Lib just has the hose from the CCV to the turbo inlet pipe, no sensor in the hose. I didn't bother with a catch can either. I can ask the Sprinter tech at work next week, or maybe shoot an e mail to GDE to see what they say.
I spoke with Keith at GDE and he said the CCV system was a "dumb" system do with it whatever you want. So next time I was under the hood I took a look to figure out what I was going to do. That's when I saw the sensor and thought hmmmm why does a dumb system have a sensor? The sensor I am referring to is item #50 in the pic.
Attached Images
File Type: gif image.gif (20.6 KB, 9 views)
Old 04-05-2016
Administrator

It's not a sensor in the breather hose, it's a heater to keep any condensation from freezing up. So yes, you can by-pass it. One thing with those 3.0s is that when you get enough oil in the intake, they have these plastic swirl valves & linkage in the intake that get messed up from the oil. About a $4500 job to replace them.
2000QC,SLT,SB,4x4,Intense Blue,Auto,4.10,DSS,AFE Megacannon PRO GUARD-7,silencer ring MIA,Edge Comp-pump wire untapped,Rip's 4in Fair Shake Exhaust,Isspro EVs fuel,boost,pyro,FASS 95/150, S/S '03 trackbar bracket, Thuren '03 trackbar, HTS Ultimate Duty trans w/ billet input & output, 89% Suncoast convertor, 150HP MAXsticks

Old 04-05-2016

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAF View Post
It's not a sensor in the breather hose, it's a heater to keep any condensation from freezing up. So yes, you can by-pass it. One thing with those 3.0s is that when you get enough oil in the intake, they have these plastic swirl valves & linkage in the intake that get messed up from the oil. About a $4500 job to replace them.
Thanks RAF. That explains why I could find any info on the interweb about CCV sensor on 3.0 Mercedes. I plan to run the hose into a catch can for several reasons. One being that it is the environmentally friendly thing to do ( although the oil came from the ground...but somehow it's bad to let it spill on the ground ) two it keeps the drips off of the driveway and "C" I can see just how much oil I am loosing this way. The RV has 53k miles on it (which is just breaking it in ) but it runs at or near GVWR every mile.
Old 04-06-2016
Administrator

I threw the catch bottle away on the Dodge, the hose just hangs like it does on the Lib. Hardly any oil drips out of either one.

Now what I did to prevent clogs or freeze up is on the Dodge is cut the end of the hose at a 45* angle, long side forward, short side to the rear. Keeps debris out. On the Lib, due to room constraints, I slit the end of the hose in 4 spots about an inch long. Also cut a small slit where the hose runs over the front of the engine as an added safeguard.

Haven't had a problem with either one.

Old 06-07-2016

Thumbs up

Ok just thought I would give an update on the Ecodiesel. I took a trip to the Detroit area to visit some Family and friends. When I arrived in the metro area I filled the fuel tank. I spent 3 days running around town and drove home on the 4th day. I didn't have to fuel up again until I got home. Here is a pic of my trip odometer. The hand calculation for mpg 726.5 miles divided by 24.53 gallons of fuel =29.58 mpg. Truck was loaded with 3 adults luggage, a guitar, cooler, and magnetic personalities. This truck continues to impress me with its smooth, quiet ride.

Ok ...my photobucket is not working tonight I will try tomorrow
Old 06-08-2016

That's very good cbg, glad you made it home safe and sound.
'06 2500 Brilliant Black Pearl Thunder Road, QC, 4X4, G56 w/ SBDD, Home Brew in the gearboxes Volant CAI, ATS Arc Flow , Airdog 100, AFE 4" cat back, Smarty JR, Warn lock-outs, drilled and slotted rotors, HBS steering stabilizer, Pacbrake airbags, Bilstiens, RP 15W40 , 2 BIG BALLS (shift knobs) from Geno's, 5th wheel slider, step bars. The next mod is........

'74 Trans Am, someday car.......
'10 Wildwood 356 SRV
'15 Mid-life crisis
'98 Oytota Navalon