Home   Forums   Gallery   Vendors   Advertising   Links
Go Back   DieselRam.com > Diesel Ram Technical Topics > Technical Info: 3rd Generation: NON-DRIVETRAIN
Technical Info: 3rd Generation: NON-DRIVETRAIN Technical discussion of third generation (2003 - 2007) non drivetrain questions, solutions and upgrades. Please -- DO NOT post drivetrain discussions in this forum!

Old 07-09-2019

Default LED Tail Lights

So I decided to upgrade the old dim tail lights in the flat deck of the 2004 Dodge Ram 3500.
Now they flash like a strobe light, flasher indicator flashes rapidly and I get a lamp out message.
In the old days we just installed a heavy duty flasher relay, but now everything is read through the ECM.

Do I have to install some kind of resistor?

John

STOLEN: '98 Ram Dually quad cab; 4X4; auto with mystery switch; 4:10's; BHAF; 4" MBRP exhaust; 3K Governor spring kit; #5 plate; timing @15.5; 63/65/14 turbo; 90 hp injectors; Isspro pyro, boost & tranny temp gauges; DSS steering stabilizer; adjustable heavy duty track bar, Snow Water/Methanol Injection Tow-Max System.
Old 07-10-2019

Yea......auto parts store has them
'06 2500 Brilliant Black Pearl Thunder Road, QC, 4X4, G56 w/ SBDD, Home Brew in the gearboxes Volant CAI, ATS Arc Flow , Airdog 100, AFE 4" cat back, Smarty JR, Warn lock-outs, drilled and slotted rotors, HBS steering stabilizer, Pacbrake airbags, Bilstiens, RP 15W40 , 2 BIG BALLS (shift knobs) from Geno's, 5th wheel slider, step bars. The next mod is........

'74 Trans Am, someday car.......
'10 Wildwood 356 SRV
'15 Mid-life crisis
'98 Oytota Navalon
Old 08-14-2019

How about LED tail lights on a utility trailer? Same problem.

1980 CHEVY K20,4WD,TH400,NP205,14 BOLT W/4.10 POSI,ORIGINAL ENGINE BLOCK,NEXT ENGINE WILL BE A CUMMINS.

1968 EL CAMINO MALIBU,ALL ORIG,L79 327, 4SPD,12BOLT W/4.10 POSI.
Old 3 Weeks Ago

Have LED's on my 5th wheel, HD and trailers, no problems. I thought the new ones have a built in equalizer, no?
04 Laramie (H) 2500 HO QC 4X4 48RE 3:73 LS Putco Boss Bars LineX AFE Stage II Silver Stars 956 Moto's high idle ROKK sensor FASS MagHytec Diffs & DD trans pan

The Second Amendment is only vague if:
1. You cannot read and comprehend the English language
2. Choose to selectively alter the meaning of "the people" from amendment to amendment
3. Have never read any of the writings of the Founders

Anything else is a willful effort to twist the meaning of the Constitution to fit an agenda, or profound stupidity."
Old 2 Weeks Ago

Don't know. I changed my cargo light to an LED and after I turn all the other lights off it stays on for a few mins just not real bright.
'91.5 somewhat stock w-250 4x4 5sp Except for the EVIL twin turbos, K&N filter, two small shopping cart dents in right door, Monroe SENAS-TRAC rear shocks. cheap $35 air horns. KDP tabbed. South Bend clutch 13-1.25 Con O. Max stixs, 4" Rip Exhaust,No Muffler, Old Smokey fuel pin. EGR rear disc. Engine breathed on by Max.
My Black Cloud Is Back!...
2012 3500 crew cab Ram 6spd manual, 8' box
I'm just so tired of being tired
Now on facebook