Home   Forums   Gallery   Vendors   Advertising   Links
Go Back   DieselRam.com > News and Announcements > New Member Introductions and FAQ!
New Member Introductions and FAQ! New Member Forum for saying "Hello!"

Old 06-06-2019

Default Not new either

Hey everyone, been a while!
Start right out with it...went to a brand X.
Decided it was time for a 4-door and started looking. I was trying to target an 04.5 to 06 3rd gen, 4 door, 6 speed manual, 4wd. Found a few, but all had some pretty high milage and/or were really beat up.
Then I happen upon an early 07 Duramax LBZ, one owner that wasn't his daily driver, only 61k on the clock, and well taken care of. Read up on them a bit and decided I probably shouldn't pass it up.
Had my old 01CTD for 12 years, she never once stranded me. This LBZ has a lot to live up to. We'll see.
Missed the site, the lack of drama/BS/bashing, and all the good folks here so decided I'd drop in on occasion.
2001 quad cab, short-box 4x4, 2500 cummins HO, NV5600, 3.54, FASS DDRP, low pressure fuel light, upgraded track bar, AFE drop in, 4" straight pipe, 285's, silencer ring MIA, prodigy brake controller-SOLD 12 years & never stranded me
2007 Silverado 2500hd, old body style, LBZ, crew cab short box. No kitty, straight through Jones turbine muffler (no, I didn't buy into the turbine "vacuum effect", purely for the exhaust note), resonator delete, LED running lights & tail lights
Old 06-07-2019

Congrats on the find, hope she treats you well!
'06 2500 Brilliant Black Pearl Thunder Road, QC, 4X4, G56 w/ SBDD, Home Brew in the gearboxes Volant CAI, ATS Arc Flow , Airdog 100, AFE 4" cat back, Smarty JR, Warn lock-outs, drilled and slotted rotors, HBS steering stabilizer, Pacbrake airbags, Bilstiens, RP 15W40 , 2 BIG BALLS (shift knobs) from Geno's, 5th wheel slider, step bars. The next mod is........

'74 Trans Am, someday car.......
'10 Wildwood 356 SRV
'15 Mid-life crisis
'98 Oytota Navalon
Old 06-07-2019

Me too. I like working on rigs when it's a mod being done...not so much when it's a break down.
I think one of my last posts was in the rant thread in 2012 about going through a divorce. Had a lot of fun for a couple of years and then met the girl I wish I'd met 20 years ago. She truly loves all the same things I do, camping, fishing, hunting, snowmobiling, just plain being in the outdoors. I'm the last one in my family line that had the chance to keep our family name going, I didn't ever have any kids of my own after gaining three step-daughters in my first marriage. The youngest one just graduated H.S. this year and the middle one has made me a grandpa, wow how time flies. Anyway, I have two cousins that I was hoping would have a boy to carry on the family name, one tried three times and got all girls and the other one has no interest in having kids. I decided (we) that I'd have a go at it a few years ago. Colton turned 5 in June of this year. He is 5 and I mentioned my middle stepdaughter made me a grandpa about a year ago, so Colton is already an uncle lol. Funny how things can change, but I've never been happier. Just a little catch up on the last several years.
2001 quad cab, short-box 4x4, 2500 cummins HO, NV5600, 3.54, FASS DDRP, low pressure fuel light, upgraded track bar, AFE drop in, 4" straight pipe, 285's, silencer ring MIA, prodigy brake controller-SOLD 12 years & never stranded me
2007 Silverado 2500hd, old body style, LBZ, crew cab short box. No kitty, straight through Jones turbine muffler (no, I didn't buy into the turbine "vacuum effect", purely for the exhaust note), resonator delete, LED running lights & tail lights
Old 06-08-2019

Welcome back, and best of luck with your truck. Looks like you have been thru a lot. Good to hear things are going well.
'91.5 somewhat stock w-250 4x4 5sp Except for the EVIL twin turbos, K&N filter, two small shopping cart dents in right door, Monroe SENAS-TRAC rear shocks. cheap $35 air horns. KDP tabbed. South Bend clutch 13-1.25 Con O. Max stixs, 4" Rip Exhaust,No Muffler, Old Smokey fuel pin. EGR rear disc. Engine breathed on by Max.
My Black Cloud Is Back!...
2012 3500 crew cab Ram 6spd manual, 8' box
I'm just so tired of being tired
Now on facebook