Home   Forums   Gallery   Vendors   Advertising   Links
Go Back   DieselRam.com > General Diesel Topics > Biodiesel and Alternative Fuels
Biodiesel and Alternative Fuels New! A forum specifically for the discussion and information on biodiesels and alternative fuels.

Old 12-15-2009

Return it. Its a waste of money and time.

-Mods: Edge Juice w/Additude, BHAF, 4" Turbo back to dual 5" Stacks, F.A.S.S.
Suncoast Transmission w/Billet Input Shaft and Torque Converter w/1700? stall
Old 12-15-2009

Send a message via Yahoo to Gunslinger

I take a different stance on it send me one and I test it. If it work I'll talk.
100Hp injectors, smarty tuner, 4"MBRP, 3 Guage pillar, EGT, Fuel Pressure, Boost, South Bend Clutch Hydraulics
soon to have South Bend Clutch and ARP head studs.

My Chipmunks are on Steroids

I'm trapped in my own masculinity please don't try and help.

Biblical proof the world is against me John 15:19."
Old 12-16-2009

I guess expecting people to read all I wrote is too much to ask for some.....I should have expected that.

And I know believing what a total stranger is saying on the internet is not easy for anyone. And some wouldn't believe it even if they saw it on their own vehicle.

All I know is MY results and that is what I can report. When I get a larger system installed I hope it actually helps me. Even if it does nothing I will report my results to all so all can benefit for my experience.

Racer9, did you or someone else install it? And is it a sealed system so it forces the hho out and where did you plumbit into? I melted one of mine by using too much baking soda and drew too many amps....LOL. Mine are home built and still gave me a slight but noticable increase. I guess a lot of hho is needed for large displacements.

Luke
Old 12-16-2009
Administrator

Send a message via Yahoo to MAXTORQ Send a message via Skype™ to MAXTORQ

It's a well know fact that a properly tuned 12v such as yours can get 40 to 50+ miles to the gallon. It also has to do with driver habits as well.

www.maxtorqdiesel.com
Old 12-16-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAXTORQ View Post
It's a well know fact that a properly tuned 12v such as yours can get 40 to 50+ miles to the gallon. It also has to do with driver habits as well.
Phooey to the 12v, look what I did with my 3rd gen last summer...

This is the result 30 miles after filling up and re-setting the overhead MPG. And contrary to HHO this truly is a result of a highly effective secret additive that provides what seems to be free energy.

Ok, I guess I can let the secret out... and you too can see the spectacular results as shown in the picture above... my name for this additive is simply "altitude". All you have to do is fill up and reset your overhead computer in Divide, CO, and you too can see mileage like this by the time you get down to Colorado Springs. Best yet, there are no gadgets or magic boxes to install, nor any magic potions to pour in your tank, just good 'ole No2 diesel.

Disclaimer: I can't guarantee your mileage results getting to Divide, nor can I guarantee them once you are outside of Colorado Springs.
2004.5 SLT QCSB 600CTD/6sp, FASS 150/150, Jacobs Brake, Westach Dual Gauge (EGT/Boost) w/SRT10 pillar mount, MBRP Muffler "kit", Rokktech CPS (Removed), Westin Nerf Bars, Firestone Riderite Airbags & onboard air w/dual control, ARE Topper Shell...
Two '05 Kawasaki Prairie 700 4x4 ATV's (his & hers) and a '06 Kawasaki 50cc for the daughter
'66 Mustang Coupe, Modified 302/C-4
'09 Ford Escape Limited (hers)

Last edited by BrianJ; 12-16-2009 at 09:59 PM..
Old 12-16-2009
Head Thread Derailer.

Yeah down hill in 6th Brian.
Old 12-16-2009
DieselRam's Tranny Guru

WOW! Well that beat MY bragging MPGs!

Well from Amarillo to Wichita Falls is down hill too, maybe not as drastic as that, but enough for 29.2 MPG for 300 miles. Heck, it barely got off the full mark going that far. No kidding! Only on NO.2 (with 30wt motor oil and PS additive), no AC, driving with no cruise, and keeping to 55 mph.

Ticked off everyone else, but not my wallet!
The mods I talk about here is for information purposes only. I experiment on my own vehicles but do not endorse the modifications that I make to my vehicles to be used on others. If you use this info that I talk about, you use it at your own risk and responsibility.

03 Dodge 4X4 quad cab Dually. Two travel trailers, 1 cargo trailer. Lots of ham radios. Call sign N5ZYK Tech class. On 28.300 to 28.500 around 10:00 AM to 2:00PM every sunday.
Old 12-17-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue96 View Post
Racer9, did you or someone else install it? And is it a sealed system so it forces the hho out and where did you plumbit into? I melted one of mine by using too much baking soda and drew too many amps....LOL. Mine are home built and still gave me a slight but noticable increase. I guess a lot of hho is needed for large displacements.

Luke
I installed it, it is sealed, and it's plumbed into the air filter. I am getting the bubbles in the reservoir, and in the feed tube to the air filter. I have a clamp on meter I check the amps with, it is varying between 25 &27 amps. With a 30 amp fuse I don't want to increase it any. I don't use baking soda, I use potassium hydroxide.
I am planning to return it. I did a lot of research, even asked about it on here. But I believed all those who are selling them instead. If someone is willing to give me a different one, I'll try it, but I won't buy another one, unless it's proven to actually work, on my truck.
'96 Ram 2500 CTD, 4x4, homebuilt flatbed, 3:55's, posi1 ton brake cylinders. ISSPRO gauges. Thuren Fab track bar. Skyjacker D25's. DSS, HD steering.
Exhaust; Schwitzer S300G 57/65/14, 4" turbo-back, 5" turnout stacks.
Motor; BHAF, #100 fuel plate. AFC mods. GS shimmed. 306hp/743tq
Trans; Intelligent Engineering billet input shaft. Dunrite VB and single disc TC. Burt Brown rebuild/upgrade.

The "new" toy, '81 D150, 2WD, short bed, 4BTA conversion underway!!
Old 12-17-2009

There are a few relatively long term members on TDR that installed systems, and they were all hot and heavy over the HHO kits after their initial mileage improvements. Kinda funny once they settled back in to their "old" driving habits that the improvements and their posts gushing over the kits went away. I have no doubt that most probably see an increase initially, thats because they are driving (either consiously or SUBCONSIOUSLY) in a manner to get these mileage improvements.

Classic example of the "testemonials" you see initially on any additive or "MPG" device.

Disclaimer: Of course I am not discrediting the initial improvement you can see from an injector cleaner doing it's job of cleaning the fuel system and RESTORING lost efficiency.
2004.5 SLT QCSB 600CTD/6sp, FASS 150/150, Jacobs Brake, Westach Dual Gauge (EGT/Boost) w/SRT10 pillar mount, MBRP Muffler "kit", Rokktech CPS (Removed), Westin Nerf Bars, Firestone Riderite Airbags & onboard air w/dual control, ARE Topper Shell...
Two '05 Kawasaki Prairie 700 4x4 ATV's (his & hers) and a '06 Kawasaki 50cc for the daughter
'66 Mustang Coupe, Modified 302/C-4
'09 Ford Escape Limited (hers)
Old 12-17-2009

Here is why it doesn't work...or isn't noticeable if it does.

Splitting H20 into H and O requires energy. Burning H and O creates H2O and releases energy. In theory you would get the same amount of energy from burning the H and O that you originally put into the system to split H2O. However, not all of the energy put into the system is ends up splitting the H2O, and not all of the energy that releases from the H and O burning is translated into power, there is also light and heat released. The whole process is rather inefficient.

Driving an electric motor off your alternator would actually be more efficient. But how much power or mpg are you really going to get? Lets say you have a 12V motor, and you find one that draws 25amps just like your HHO system. 12V * 25A = 300watts = 0.4hp.

So assuming your 25A system was as efficient as an electric motor(its not), you would add about 0.4hp to the motor, use 0.4hp less from diesel fuel. In reality its probably closer to 0.2hp with all the losses in the system.

How much can 0.4hp actually help you? Well a car can take 25hp to maintain 55mph, our trucks would be more, but I can't find any numbers on trucks. 0.4/25 = 1.6% and 1.6% of a truck getting 20mpg is 0.32mpg. If it takes 50hp to keep us at 55mph its 1/2 that or .16mpg increase.

What does this mean in $ spent? After 100,000 miles you would have gained about 3200 miles from this system. 3200miles / 20 mpg is 160 gallons of fuel. 160 Gallons at $3 is $480 total saved. But how much money did you spend on the system to start with? And how much money did you spend maintaining the system over those 100,000 miles? Also remember that this is using the efficiency of an electric motor and the rolling resistance of a car. In reality you are probably saving less than half that amount.

Changing your driving habits would make a larger difference than using an HHO system.

-Mods: Edge Juice w/Additude, BHAF, 4" Turbo back to dual 5" Stacks, F.A.S.S.
Suncoast Transmission w/Billet Input Shaft and Torque Converter w/1700? stall

Last edited by talskinyguy; 12-17-2009 at 08:55 AM..