Home   Forums   Gallery   Vendors   Advertising   Links
Go Back   DieselRam.com > General Diesel Topics > Biodiesel and Alternative Fuels
Biodiesel and Alternative Fuels New! A forum specifically for the discussion and information on biodiesels and alternative fuels.

Old 12-12-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by dblr View Post

When did they start using 02 sensors in a diesel engine?
I don't know for sure, but I think in that mess somewhere on the 6.7 exhaust might be a O2 sensor?

2014 Indian Chieftain, Springfield blue, smoothest bike EVER
Old 12-12-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkainz View Post
Yeah! Uh, you mean my fuel magnets and fuel tornado are snake oil?
No their still good stuff, also I found out yesterday when I was at the stealer from some young salesman, if I change the plugs on my 12v I'll get better milage too.
'91.5 somewhat stock w-250 4x4 5sp Except for the EVIL twin turbos, K&N filter, two small shopping cart dents in right door, Monroe SENAS-TRAC rear shocks. cheap $35 air horns. KDP tabbed. South Bend clutch 13-1.25 Con O. Max stixs, 4" Rip Exhaust,No Muffler, Old Smokey fuel pin. EGR rear disc. Engine breathed on by Max.
My Black Cloud Is Back!...
2012 3500 crew cab Ram 6spd manual, 8' box
I'm just so tired of being tired
Now on facebook
Old 12-13-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigreddog View Post
No their still good stuff, also I found out yesterday when I was at the stealer from some young salesman, if I change the plugs on my 12v I'll get better milage too.
huh, I did not know that, you gonna go with splitfires????

2014 Indian Chieftain, Springfield blue, smoothest bike EVER
Old 12-13-2009
DieselRam's Tranny Guru

If such a device actually worked, it would be as marketable as a Smarty, Edge, Banks, BullyDog, and many others. It would be sitting on the same shelf as those products and manufactured by a well known manufacturer like the above names mentioned.

The above products are proven to work. In many different tests used, beside the seat of the pants test which sold more than you can count, those products work.

Any product that can only be had as a do it yourself instructions, in my experiance, never works. This way the author of those instructions can never to be blamed if it doesnt work as it "should". "You didnt do something right, use the right parts, missed a step or substituted something", is allways the author's reply.

Heck, in the light of the new "green" push nonsense and the presidents push to eliminate carbon emmissions, if that device worked with any reasonable results, it would be an OEM fitted device.
The mods I talk about here is for information purposes only. I experiment on my own vehicles but do not endorse the modifications that I make to my vehicles to be used on others. If you use this info that I talk about, you use it at your own risk and responsibility.

03 Dodge 4X4 quad cab Dually. Two travel trailers, 1 cargo trailer. Lots of ham radios. Call sign N5ZYK Tech class. On 28.300 to 28.500 around 10:00 AM to 2:00PM every sunday.
Old 12-13-2009

You can't have free energy. The 1st law of thermodynamics would like a word with you.

-Mods: Edge Juice w/Additude, BHAF, 4" Turbo back to dual 5" Stacks, F.A.S.S.
Suncoast Transmission w/Billet Input Shaft and Torque Converter w/1700? stall
Old 12-13-2009

Do a search on Nord......he laid it all out...........you think we all wouldn't like to save money? We just are not blind to the facts of chemistry and big business. If there was efficiency to be made with the system, every fleet in the U.S. would be using it.

Last edited by annabelle; 12-13-2009 at 11:00 PM..
Old 12-14-2009

We have all heard of this, water added to the injection event creates a more complete burn. It is marketed by the big companies, they call it water meth injection. Diesel power did an article on HHO, and although you can't run your vehicle on it exclusively there is evidence of an increase in mpg's.

As far as everyone doing it if it worked, we all know a programmer with a little more fuel and a little more timing can reap mpg benefits, but every fleet in the US doesn't have a SMARTY. Just because everyone isn't doing it, doesn't mean it doesn't work.

1997 2500 QCLB, 4X4 a fuel plate, a turbo, a CAI, head studs, a GSK, a lot of rust.
Old 12-14-2009
Dorkweed

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob View Post
HMM sounds like a sales pitch.

Yeah, and selling "snake oil" to boot!!!!
Old 12-14-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by onewhl750 View Post
We have all heard of this, water added to the injection event creates a more complete burn. It is marketed by the big companies, they call it water meth injection. Diesel power did an article on HHO, and although you can't run your vehicle on it exclusively there is evidence of an increase in mpg's.

As far as everyone doing it if it worked, we all know a programmer with a little more fuel and a little more timing can reap mpg benefits, but every fleet in the US doesn't have a SMARTY. Just because everyone isn't doing it, doesn't mean it doesn't work.
First, water meth injection does 2 things.
1) Meth is a fuel, it burns. So of course you increase your MPG and power when you burn it also. But no one ever figures in the gallons of meth that you are using. Meth contains less energy per gallon than diesel, so you are burning more of that to make the same power of just adding more diesel.
2) Water cools things down because it absorbs heat when it turns to steam. This is good for keeping EGT's in check.

Burning HHO that is obtained by performing electrolysis is a completely different concept than burning a meth/water mix, and for it to work we would have to throw the 1st law of thermodynamics out the window. If it worked we could build a perpetual motion machine that actually outputs more energy than we put into it using the technology.

-Mods: Edge Juice w/Additude, BHAF, 4" Turbo back to dual 5" Stacks, F.A.S.S.
Suncoast Transmission w/Billet Input Shaft and Torque Converter w/1700? stall
Old 12-14-2009

I have a system on my truck now. I have a 2 dry cell system. I have gotten absolutely NO increase in mileage. I am up to 6 tbsps of the Potassium Hydroxide, (they call for 2-3) in order to get to 25-27 amps draw, and I am seeing the bubbles, but it has had no effect on my truck whatsoever.
I have read that a diesel requires more than a gasser, which is why I went with 2 cells. I am debating whether to go with a 3rd cell, or return the entire system.
Fortunately the seller is local.
'96 Ram 2500 CTD, 4x4, homebuilt flatbed, 3:55's, posi1 ton brake cylinders. ISSPRO gauges. Thuren Fab track bar. Skyjacker D25's. DSS, HD steering.
Exhaust; Schwitzer S300G 57/65/14, 4" turbo-back, 5" turnout stacks.
Motor; BHAF, #100 fuel plate. AFC mods. GS shimmed. 306hp/743tq
Trans; Intelligent Engineering billet input shaft. Dunrite VB and single disc TC. Burt Brown rebuild/upgrade.

The "new" toy, '81 D150, 2WD, short bed, 4BTA conversion underway!!