Home   Forums   Gallery   Vendors   Advertising   Links
Go Back   DieselRam.com > Diesel Ram Technical Topics > Technical Info: 3rd Generation: NON-DRIVETRAIN
Technical Info: 3rd Generation: NON-DRIVETRAIN Technical discussion of third generation (2003 - 2007) non drivetrain questions, solutions and upgrades. Please -- DO NOT post drivetrain discussions in this forum!

Old 12-09-2017

flamingmad Heater box redux

Pulled the metaphorical trigger on new blend doors and drivers this afternoon. What is the life expectancy of actuators and heater core/air conditioner evap cores.....truck is 11 years old and 175K Miles
'06 2500 Metallic Black Thunder Road, QC, 4X4, G56 w/ SBDD, Home Brew in the gearboxes Volant CAI, ATS Arc Flow , Airdog 100, AFE 4" cat back, Smarty JR, Warn lock-outs, drilled and slotted rotors, HBS steering stabilizer, Pacbrake airbags, Bilstiens, RP 15W40 , 2 BIG BALLS (shift knobs) from Geno's, 5th wheel slider, step bars. The next mod is........

'74 Trans Am, someday car.......
'10 Wildwood 356 SRV
'15 Mid-life crisis
'98 Oytota Navalon
Old 12-09-2017

Send a message via ICQ to CaptainCummins Send a message via AIM to CaptainCummins Send a message via Yahoo to CaptainCummins

IF you can get them out easily, I would replace them, they could last another 10 years, or they could pop tomorrow.
Old 12-09-2017

I did the heater treater doors over 4 years ago and have worked ever sence. Mu doors did not work for over 5 years befor that. Took me 5hrs to
Old 12-10-2017

Going with Blend Door USA units and drivers......aluminum covered with foam. Going to change the cores as well and maybe the actuators.....don't want to do this again.
'06 2500 Metallic Black Thunder Road, QC, 4X4, G56 w/ SBDD, Home Brew in the gearboxes Volant CAI, ATS Arc Flow , Airdog 100, AFE 4" cat back, Smarty JR, Warn lock-outs, drilled and slotted rotors, HBS steering stabilizer, Pacbrake airbags, Bilstiens, RP 15W40 , 2 BIG BALLS (shift knobs) from Geno's, 5th wheel slider, step bars. The next mod is........

'74 Trans Am, someday car.......
'10 Wildwood 356 SRV
'15 Mid-life crisis
'98 Oytota Navalon
Old 12-13-2017

Buying those should keep you from doing it again What I first thought was a blend door issue turned out to be just the recirculate door. After a while it broke completly off and rested on the fan housing vents causing it to not only to leave a big hole behind the glove box, but also preventing any air flow (It's a big door if you've never seen it). The center console blend doors and actuators seemed easy to get to after the dash was taken apart, but again I didn't attempt to remove them after I saw them working. About the recirculate door, I figured in the Mojave desert it would be better to have the door shut than open (lots of 115F days but low humidity) so I pushed a small piece of cut 1x4 up against the dash and the door and carried on. I think that was in 2010, meant to fix it at some point but it never was my daily driver. Traded it in last year.

Last edited by casey berry; 12-13-2017 at 09:50 AM..