Home   Forums   Gallery   Vendors   Advertising   Links
Go Back   DieselRam.com > News and Announcements > Comments and Suggestions
Comments and Suggestions Discussion of DieselRam.Com. What you like or dislike, kudos and complaints, comments and suggestions.

Old 03-08-2016

I've had mine (2016 SLT 4x4 Quad) for almost 8 weeks now. Other than a bad factory installed part(ABS module) it's a smooth riding quiet truck. As time goes by, hopefully there will be some filters(other than FRAM) to do oil changes at home. Kendall and AMSOIL both make an approved motor oil, the Kendall one is about 1/2 price compared to the other.
Old 03-08-2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erich View Post
I've had mine (2016 SLT 4x4 Quad) for almost 8 weeks now. Other than a bad factory installed part(ABS module) it's a smooth riding quiet truck. As time goes by, hopefully there will be some filters(other than FRAM) to do oil changes at home. Kendall and AMSOIL both make an approved motor oil, the Kendall one is about 1/2 price compared to the other.
How did you know you had a problem? Was it a brake light.
Old 03-08-2016

Well crap, due to some unscrupulous dealings by my dealer, I will not be buying an EcoDiesel at this time. However I would still like to see an EcoDiesel Forum section as I am very interested in this truck/engine and may consider purchase if I can find a dealer that doesn't want to bend me over.
2012 Ram 3500 Laramie Crewcab SRW 4x4, Silver, RamBox, Everything except DVD, Dick Cepek Fun Country LT285/70R17E Tires, Amp Research PowerSteps, Access Roll-up Box Cover and soon my Espar Heater with cellphone remote.

2009 Massey Ferguson GC2400 Tractor/Loader/Snowblower

2013 VW Touareg TDi, White, Full Load

2007 Haulmark 3329DS 45foot motorcoach on Freightliner Coronado, Detroit 515hp, Meritor 12sp auto shift, 10kw Onan generator, all the toys
Old 03-09-2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porky69 View Post
Well crap, due to some unscrupulous dealings by my dealer, I will not be buying an EcoDiesel at this time. However I would still like to see an EcoDiesel Forum section as I am very interested in this truck/engine and may consider purchase if I can find a dealer that doesn't want to bend me over.
Come south my friend come south
'91.5 somewhat stock w-250 4x4 5sp Except for the EVIL twin turbos, K&N filter, two small shopping cart dents in right door, Monroe SENAS-TRAC rear shocks. cheap $35 air horns. KDP tabbed. South Bend clutch 13-1.25 Con O. Max stixs, 4" Rip Exhaust,No Muffler, Old Smokey fuel pin. EGR rear disc. Engine breathed on by Max.
My Black Cloud Is Back!...
2012 3500 crew cab Ram 6spd manual, 8' box
I'm just so tired of being tired
Now on facebook
Old 03-09-2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolbaldguy View Post
How did you know you had a problem? Was it a brake light.
The brake light would stay on intermittently even with the truck shut off, and it definitely wasn't the brake light switch. Then the ABS, 4x4, speedo and odometer quit working, everything to do that relates to speed sensors etc. They finally found there was a chunk missing out of the case of the ABS module that was letting water in. Changed that and all is good.
Old 03-17-2016

Ok time for an update. I took the truck to fill up the fuel tank. I pumped 20.377 gallons of fuel. I looked at the trip meter. It showed that I had driven 527.5 miles, averaged 32.7 mph, and had a fuel mileage of 24.7 mpg. I pulled up the calculator app on my phone and did the math....25.88 mpg!!! My wife did most of the driving on this tank full. Mostly city except I drove about 60 miles pulling a 8x10 utility trailer with my Scag turf tiger commercial zero turn mower (about 1200 lbs). I am very happy with the results. Also as a side note this is the FIRST time the fuel mileage reading on any truck I have ever owned that showed a result LOWER than actual average. My 03' with the CTD always displayed about 1 mpg higher than actual and my 11' CTD WAS all over the place with the displayed average being from .5 to 1.5 higher than actual.
Old 03-19-2016

Hummmm, my trip computer lies like a politician....says 26....gettin about 21. Glad your back cbg!
'06 2500 Brilliant Black Pearl Thunder Road, QC, 4X4, G56 w/ SBDD, Home Brew in the gearboxes Volant CAI, ATS Arc Flow , Airdog 100, AFE 4" cat back, Smarty JR, Warn lock-outs, drilled and slotted rotors, HBS steering stabilizer, Pacbrake airbags, Bilstiens, RP 15W40 , 2 BIG BALLS (shift knobs) from Geno's, 5th wheel slider, step bars. The next mod is........

'74 Trans Am, someday car.......
'10 Wildwood 356 SRV
'15 Mid-life crisis
'98 Oytota Navalon
Old 03-21-2016
Administrator

Nothing wrong with those numbers CBG!

sold
'96 2500SLT CC LB 2WD, KDP tabbed,100Hp Maxsticks,16* ,3k gsk,afc modded,#8 tst plate,62/70/13 turbo,4" MBRP exhaust,AFE stage III dry filter intake,autometer boost pyro, oil, tran temp,DSS,rebuilt diff & tranny w/billet triple lock TC w/lockup switch,1tn rear cylinders,ride rites on all 4 corners w/on board air,465k km. 330 hp 766 ft/lbs
Old 03-21-2016

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetfueljockey View Post
Hummmm, my trip computer lies like a politician....says 26....gettin about 21. Glad your back cbg!
Thanks JFJ.... Technically when I sold the dually I bought another diesel ram that we don't have a technical topic for. Here is a pic

It has a Dodge Ram emblem on the grill and everything... But I don't want to get to far off topic.
Old 03-23-2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolbaldguy View Post
Thanks JFJ.... Technically when I sold the dually I bought another diesel ram that we don't have a technical topic for. Here is a pic

It has a Dodge Ram emblem on the grill and everything... But I don't want to get to far off topic.
We have a topic for that right here ... close enough at least -RV and Medium / Heavy Duty Applications

SOLD 97 2500 4x4 ExtCab LB Auto; Isspro gauges (pyro, boost, tranny); 75hp Maxsticks, MaxTrans auto, KDP killed; BD DSS; 3rd gen 17" wheels; GM 1ton rear brake cylinders; Westin step bars; Pakbrake exhaust brake, TS Performance TC Lockup.