Home   Forums   Gallery   Vendors   Advertising   Links
Go Back   DieselRam.com > Diesel Ram Technical Topics > Technical Info: 2nd Gen 24 VALVE DRIVETRAIN
Technical Info: 2nd Gen 24 VALVE DRIVETRAIN Technical discussion of second generation (1998 - 2002) 24-valve engine and drivetrain questions, solutions and upgrades.

Old 1 Week Ago

Default 3/16 of a tank

New experience for me! truck died while driving. No bucking or anything. After checking all electrical since I didn't even hear the FASS pumping, I was stumped. with my Brother there to assist, we discovered the pump was running almost silently. So unscrewed the filter to see if it was even primed. Nothing. Got 5 gals #2 poured in it, re-primed the pump, bled the fuel lines to the VP44 (which now has 200K+ on it), Cracked 2 injectors lines open, floored it and it started. Truck runs better than before, engine is a little quieter, and exhaust note is much mellower. And the FASS pump is half as noisey as before. Changed out the filters on FASS yesterday and no difference afterward. Seems strange to me. My pump has been loud ever since I installed it. Second set of filters didn't change sound and its still quieter after new filters. I give up. Hopefully not the VP$$ (MWFI).
Ran out of fuel with gauge showing almost 1/4 tank. I know what that means. But I cant figure out why the pump sounds different after running out of fuel. Fuel pressure never gets below 13psi. Maybe its my imagination but I swear the exhaust note is different and underhood noise is less.
30' Damon Escaper 5'er 12,000#
Old 1 Week Ago

I have a similar problem with mine and the draw straw. One of the days I'll get around to rerouting it into the the old basket.