Home   Forums   Gallery   Vendors   Advertising   Links
Go Back   DieselRam.com > Other Topics > On The Side
On The Side The name says it all. Are you bored? Have a rough day? Cat cough up a hairball? Well come on in and tell us about it! Here you will find discussions on almost everything under the sun. No Religion Or Politics are to be discussed here. PERIOD!

Old 08-19-2019

Sunny mid 90's today.
After the trip to the dentist, I got with the guy driving the KW today and got the AC going for him. I have a relay with the circuit closed with a tiny wire tie. I put it in, the compressor comes on, after the pressure gets up/engine fan comes on to lower the high side pressure, I switch to the stock relay which shuts the compressor off when the evap. coils get too cold then turns the compressor back on after the evap. coils thaw. With the modified relay in constant, the whole evap. box will freeze up.
The low side switch circuit is closed and the 2 wires going to it show 12vdc + and -.
01.5,Red QC Sport SWB,HO,6spd,4x4,cowl hood, Drag Comp,4"ex., fuel press. gauge, boost&pyro gauges, bhaf, single Holley lift pump next to the fuel tank/13psi WOT, Vulcan Big Line, cheapo fuel cooler, Amsoil in the trans. & Valvoline in the pan, 62-65-.70A/R, ARP studs, kevlar/ceramic SD clutch, jammer 100's

Time to turn so's you don't burn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigreddog View Post
if I get new gutters every year I never need to clean them
True love is when she gives you the ham from her egg mcmuffin
Old 08-20-2019

Good morning DR, another hot one with showers in spots. Leftovers for supper last night along with the salad I made to fill it out. Boss is out on the road today so might get something done. Pretty busy for a small shop.
'06 2500 Brilliant Black Pearl Thunder Road, QC, 4X4, G56 w/ SBDD, Home Brew in the gearboxes Volant CAI, ATS Arc Flow , Airdog 100, AFE 4" cat back, Smarty JR, Warn lock-outs, drilled and slotted rotors, HBS steering stabilizer, Pacbrake airbags, Bilstiens, RP 15W40 , 2 BIG BALLS (shift knobs) from Geno's, 5th wheel slider, step bars. The next mod is........

'74 Trans Am, someday car.......
'10 Wildwood 356 SRV
'15 Mid-life crisis
'98 Oytota Navalon
Old 08-20-2019

Mid 90's today. Hauled asphalt to 2 jobs and 1 hr. distance.
Everything went ok but by the end of the day the WOT@1500rpm boost pressure is down 4psi.
Have another air filter ready and the manifold to turbo gasket was good and tight.
Hope it's not the fuel filters again.
01.5,Red QC Sport SWB,HO,6spd,4x4,cowl hood, Drag Comp,4"ex., fuel press. gauge, boost&pyro gauges, bhaf, single Holley lift pump next to the fuel tank/13psi WOT, Vulcan Big Line, cheapo fuel cooler, Amsoil in the trans. & Valvoline in the pan, 62-65-.70A/R, ARP studs, kevlar/ceramic SD clutch, jammer 100's

Quote:
Old 08-21-2019

Good morning DR, made progress on the B200 A/C yesterday. A130 PC board and unclogging evaporator drains worked wonders. Spotty showers and cooler today, summers grip is loosening here in the south....I love four seasons, reminds me of life Clunk we had a run of fuel filters when I was trucking, turned out when the station got fuel it stirred up the crud in the ground…. we began to wait till the next morning to get fuel and OUR filter issues went away......
'06 2500 Brilliant Black Pearl Thunder Road, QC, 4X4, G56 w/ SBDD, Home Brew in the gearboxes Volant CAI, ATS Arc Flow , Airdog 100, AFE 4" cat back, Smarty JR, Warn lock-outs, drilled and slotted rotors, HBS steering stabilizer, Pacbrake airbags, Bilstiens, RP 15W40 , 2 BIG BALLS (shift knobs) from Geno's, 5th wheel slider, step bars. The next mod is........

'10 Wildwood 356 SRV
'15 Mid-life crisis
'98 Oytota Navalon

Last edited by jetfueljockey; 08-21-2019 at 03:28 AM.. Reason: add content
Old 08-21-2019

Goodmorningdieselram
'91.5 somewhat stock w-250 4x4 5sp Except for the EVIL twin turbos, K&N filter, two small shopping cart dents in right door, Monroe SENAS-TRAC rear shocks. cheap $35 air horns. KDP tabbed. South Bend clutch 13-1.25 Con O. Max stixs, 4" Rip Exhaust,No Muffler, Old Smokey fuel pin. EGR rear disc. Engine breathed on by Max.
My Black Cloud Is Back!...
2012 3500 crew cab Ram 6spd manual, 8' box
I'm just so tired of being tired
Now on facebook
Old 08-21-2019

GOODMORNINGDIESELRAM...Waiting on the rain, should be short lived.
'91.5 somewhat stock w-250 4x4 5sp Except for the EVIL twin turbos, K&N filter, two small shopping cart dents in right door, Monroe SENAS-TRAC rear shocks. cheap $35 air horns. KDP tabbed. South Bend clutch 13-1.25 Con O. Max stixs, 4" Rip Exhaust,No Muffler, Old Smokey fuel pin. EGR rear disc. Engine breathed on by Max.
My Black Cloud Is Back!...
2012 3500 crew cab Ram 6spd manual, 8' box
I'm just so tired of being tired
Now on facebook
Old 08-21-2019

Good morning DieselRam...
72 and a little foggy, 90'ish later and slight chance for thundery rainy things.
Really neat light show by the creator last night as I was driving home with Dad's new-to-him tractor.
Strange weather, even for the south...150 miles south yesterday high was 89, humidity was moderate. It was still summer but very tolerable.
The heat advisory is from here north.
Stock, until...
My Other Truck is a Fire Engine!!
Old 08-21-2019

Sunny 90's today.
Checked the KW engine and found some loose clamps on both turbos this morning. I guess the lock in the locknuts is going away....I'll fix'em with some blue Loctite.
I tightened them all then put the cleaned up air filter in and the engine made 42psi boost in high gear going uphill @ 1500rpm
It's a 2007 C13/12.5L w/twin turbos. I think it's been turned up a little.

Quote:
Old 08-21-2019

Howbouta' crusty tank engine....12 cyl./38.8L diesel.

Quote:
Old 08-22-2019

Good morning DR, cooling (rain) trend next few days....is kinda dry...still summer here but fall is not far away. Don't think the blue (any) color locktite is gonna fix it Clunk as heat is the enemy. Buy NEW hardware. AYCE bar in town for lunch today....they have great pintos and cornbread. Once a country boy, ALWAYS a country boy.

'10 Wildwood 356 SRV
'15 Mid-life crisis
'98 Oytota Navalon