Home   Forums   Gallery   Vendors   Advertising   Links
Go Back   DieselRam.com > Other Topics > On The Side
On The Side The name says it all. Are you bored? Have a rough day? Cat cough up a hairball? Well come on in and tell us about it! Here you will find discussions on almost everything under the sun. No Religion Or Politics are to be discussed here. PERIOD!

Old 02-19-2019

Still snowing, got several inches more than they guessed. It's supposed to clear and then pick up again tomorrow. Gotta get the 1st gen in the shop this morning.

It's a 3.0L Mercedes, the guy posted it wrong in the add. The Liberty diesel isn't a Mercedes engine and there are a lot of complaints about it. Besides, I don't fit in one. I was able to get past the anti diesel rhetoric and found a few honest reviews on the JGC TD. One comparing it performance wise with the 5.7 Hemi. Typical fuel mileage is 23mpg. One common complaint is the flow plugs have a short life span.
Old 02-19-2019

Good Morning DieselRam....
Like JFJ, Rain from now until as far as they will guess..
I heard all the Kentucky folks were migrating toward that Ark.
37 earlier, 40 now, 47 later, warmer tomorrow and 100% chance of rain.
Probably no more shed haulin this week.

Cougar, is that 3.7 the "ecodiesel" dodge puts in the 1500??
Sounds like a sweet combination if it is.

Fire truck wouldn't start this morning..
Think it lost prime on fuel even with the anti drain back filter we installed a couple weeks ago.
Wet around the shutoff valve on the CP3, or whatever its equivalent is on an M11.
I finally got it to kick off and it's at the shop now.

Clunk, now you got me thinking...
The 07 has had an exhaust leak for a while....
Stock, until...
My Other Truck is a Fire Engine!!
Old 02-20-2019

Good morning DR, 42* and 58* with ….drum roll please...….rain. Youngest boy, his wife and baby spent the night, nice having a house full again. He starts his night shift when he gets home...I think he likes night better. Coffee is ready, y'all come on up.
'06 2500 Brilliant Black Pearl Thunder Road, QC, 4X4, G56 w/ SBDD, Home Brew in the gearboxes Volant CAI, ATS Arc Flow , Airdog 100, AFE 4" cat back, Smarty JR, Warn lock-outs, drilled and slotted rotors, HBS steering stabilizer, Pacbrake airbags, Bilstiens, RP 15W40 , 2 BIG BALLS (shift knobs) from Geno's, 5th wheel slider, step bars. The next mod is........

'74 Trans Am, someday car.......
'10 Wildwood 356 SRV
'15 Mid-life crisis
'98 Oytota Navalon
Old 02-20-2019

Smoke, it's a different engine. The more I read about it the more I like it though.
Winter storm warning starting at 3 PM today to 3PM tomorrow. They are saying up to 8" in my area, more depend on where you are. I'm expecting more up at the house and less here at the can. Now that the 92 is driveable again, I'm going to fill the reserve tanks.
Old 02-20-2019

Rainy 40's today with dumptruckin' rained out....tomorrow too.
Going to look at a laptop tomorrow.
01.5,Red QC Sport SWB,HO,6spd,4x4,cowl hood, Drag Comp,4"ex., fuel press. gauge, boost&pyro gauges, bhaf, single Holley lift pump next to the fuel tank/13psi WOT, Vulcan Big Line, cheapo fuel cooler, Amsoil in the trans. & Valvoline in the pan, 62-65-.70A/R, ARP studs, kevlar/ceramic SD clutch, jammer 100's

Time to turn so's you don't burn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigreddog View Post
if I get new gutters every year I never need to clean them
True love is when she gives you the ham from her egg mcmuffin
Old 02-21-2019

Good morning DR, low 40's to low 50's and rain....my youngest spent the night again last night....he is headed home to Cincinnati tonight before I get off work. Proud of him, they are at a good place in life
'06 2500 Brilliant Black Pearl Thunder Road, QC, 4X4, G56 w/ SBDD, Home Brew in the gearboxes Volant CAI, ATS Arc Flow , Airdog 100, AFE 4" cat back, Smarty JR, Warn lock-outs, drilled and slotted rotors, HBS steering stabilizer, Pacbrake airbags, Bilstiens, RP 15W40 , 2 BIG BALLS (shift knobs) from Geno's, 5th wheel slider, step bars. The next mod is........

'10 Wildwood 356 SRV
'15 Mid-life crisis
'98 Oytota Navalon
Old 02-22-2019

Good morning DR, rain and 43* with rain and 49*…..and then more rain. Yayday gonna be busy too....waiting to change a fuel switch until after lunch.....

'10 Wildwood 356 SRV
'15 Mid-life crisis
'98 Oytota Navalon
Old 02-22-2019

Good Morning DIeselRam...
The river is full and the creeks too, and the pond in the back yard, and the ditches on the driveway!!
More rain today and tomorrow. Morning low is about where yesterdays high was...saw 50 yesterday, 47 this morning and climbing. Rumor of some ugly stuff for Saturday...
Gonna be a frosty April...Heard thunder every day this week I believe.

Didn't even try shed haulin. Picked up a zero turn mower for parts...maybe make 1 good one between 2.

Been shopping for shops, 30x 40-50 with a porch to work under.

Ralph will be here tomorrow.
High 73 and 90% chance of evening thunderstorms. Might try fishing..
Stock, until...
My Other Truck is a Fire Engine!!
Old 02-22-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clunk View Post
Rainy 40's today with dumptruckin' rained out....tomorrow too.
Going to look at a laptop tomorrow.
Let us know what you find.
'91.5 somewhat stock w-250 4x4 5sp Except for the EVIL twin turbos, K&N filter, two small shopping cart dents in right door, Monroe SENAS-TRAC rear shocks. cheap $35 air horns. KDP tabbed. South Bend clutch 13-1.25 Con O. Max stixs, 4" Rip Exhaust,No Muffler, Old Smokey fuel pin. EGR rear disc. Engine breathed on by Max.
My Black Cloud Is Back!...
2012 3500 crew cab Ram 6spd manual, 8' box
I'm just so tired of being tired
Now on facebook
Old 02-22-2019

GOODMORNINGDIESELRAM...28f and dark out. Rain for later. May take the dogs and wife up in the snow tomorrow. may gust sit around the house.
'91.5 somewhat stock w-250 4x4 5sp Except for the EVIL twin turbos, K&N filter, two small shopping cart dents in right door, Monroe SENAS-TRAC rear shocks. cheap $35 air horns. KDP tabbed. South Bend clutch 13-1.25 Con O. Max stixs, 4" Rip Exhaust,No Muffler, Old Smokey fuel pin. EGR rear disc. Engine breathed on by Max.
My Black Cloud Is Back!...
2012 3500 crew cab Ram 6spd manual, 8' box
I'm just so tired of being tired
Now on facebook