Home   Forums   Gallery   Vendors   Advertising   Links
Go Back   DieselRam.com > Diesel Ram Technical Topics > Technical Info: 3rd Generation: DRIVETRAIN
Technical Info: 3rd Generation: DRIVETRAIN Technical discussion of third generation (2003 - 2007) engine and drivetrain questions, solutions and upgrades.

Old 03-12-2014

Yes has the electric ttv motor on side. Doesnt matter what gear I put it in it stays in first. Trans shift great till it fails. Then once it cools off shifts fine again. If it happened at different times id say it wad a cut seal or a stuxk valve its too much lime clockwork for that
06 RAM 2500 QC SB 4X4, 48re to g56 swap, valair single clutch, EFI live, Cat 2 micron filtration W/ big line kit, fluiddampner, ranch hand front bumper, full thuren suspension w/ king 3.0 shocks, HID lights and fogs, full led lighting front to rear, silver bullet 64 turbo, 5" t back exhaust, pusher intake horn w/ diesle power products billet intake plentum, hurst shifter with pistol grip knob.
Old 03-12-2014
Administrator

Send a message via Yahoo to MAXTORQ Send a message via Skype™ to MAXTORQ

OK I think you have a failed TV motor. Or you have a failed Governor Pressure Solonoid.

Only way to tell is to have a good scanner put on it and go drive it and see if the ECM is commanding the gear shift.

www.maxtorqdiesel.com
Old 03-13-2014

My scanner doesnt say what the commanded gear is. Just what gear it is in. I have good governor pressure even when it fails. It will shift to 2nd gear if I run rpms to almost 3k. Not sure if it will shift again to 3rd cause I dont want to run the engine that hard or ruin this transmission. My output speed was all over the place but still reading non the less
06 RAM 2500 QC SB 4X4, 48re to g56 swap, valair single clutch, EFI live, Cat 2 micron filtration W/ big line kit, fluiddampner, ranch hand front bumper, full thuren suspension w/ king 3.0 shocks, HID lights and fogs, full led lighting front to rear, silver bullet 64 turbo, 5" t back exhaust, pusher intake horn w/ diesle power products billet intake plentum, hurst shifter with pistol grip knob.
Old 03-13-2014
Administrator

Does your scanner show you actual and desired pressures from the governor pressure solenoid?

You should have for every 1 mile an hour of vehicle speed one PSI of pressure governor pressure solenoid

www.maxtorqdiesel.com
Old 03-15-2014

Ttv motor is brand new. So is the trans lines and front cooler just for an fyi. So no particals from old trans got through there. And trans temp is at 140 when it fails so transducer is reading correct temp. Yes i looked at commanded and actual governor pressure with scanner and a manual gauge hooked up. The trans is not failing to first. Its once its warmed up as soon as you come to a stop its stuck then. So if i was in od on freeway it would go all day till i stop then get stuck. So governor pressure is reading 30 psi at 30mph cause thats all the speed i can get. See what im saying? Readings are fine up till then but when u come to stop it goes to zero of course. Now what i did do is left in nuetral after it failed and unplugged 8 pin connector put it straight down to first and it will shift manualy till 3rd. So doesnt that say i have an electrical issue and not a vb or trans unit issue?
Old 03-16-2014
Administrator

I think at this point you are gonna have to have the guy that built it come get it. If what you are tell me is correct now it's time to tear it back apart.

www.maxtorqdiesel.com
Old 03-16-2014

Yea seems that way. Hes one of those guy has to be in my truck cause theres no way his unit it bad. So relucktant to lwt him touch my truck to be honest. Im gonna replace governor and transducer as the last ditch effort and see what happens. If that doesnt fix it i will send to him. He doesnt understand hes a small busines in a small town word of mouth can be a blessing or a curse. So he will determin what my mouth says. If its a governor or sensor , ok that happens but the lack of support will never have my business again.
Old 03-16-2014
Administrator

What GOV solonoid did he put in ?

www.maxtorqdiesel.com
Old 03-18-2014

Borge warner. But seems to me it could be getting stuck. Or just bad. Bw solenoids arent known for bad out of the box are they? Thats the last part i havent replaced. I replaced transducer cause i had a spare but onviously didnt fix it. I have checked all grounds and batterys and every single wire going to trans. I have not one set or logged code in ecm. I removed ttv motor and checked sweep of throttle valve. It is not stuckn if it was id say it would throw some sort or ttv stuck code. I can watch ttv motor initiate and sweep with throttle key on engine off. I am at a loss here. Trans shift so great up till operating temp. Its really in 2nd gear. Cause i can pull shifter down into low and it will lunge back but back into D and its like the speed catches up to rpm to be in 2nd gear. There is no "shift" but let it cool and back to shifting perfect. Just dont get it. The guy that built it is known for his valve bodys so im doubting its in there. But he garunteed didnt check it hot. Could a governor solenoid cause this issue? Usualy when they fail the trans will act up all the time
Old 03-18-2014
Administrator

Yes any of the sensor for the transmission can junk out of the box.

More I think about it, can you post a pic of the gov sensor he put in?

www.maxtorqdiesel.com