Home   Forums   Gallery   Vendors   Advertising   Links
Go Back   DieselRam.com > Diesel Ram Technical Topics > Technical Info: 2nd Gen NON-DRIVETRAIN
Technical Info: 2nd Gen NON-DRIVETRAIN Technical discussion of second generation (1994 - 2002) questions, solutions and upgrades. Please -- DO NOT post drivetrain discussions in this forum.

Old 01-02-2011

Send a message via ICQ to CaptainCummins Send a message via AIM to CaptainCummins Send a message via Yahoo to CaptainCummins
Default Red Top Optima's

I just got a set of yellow top optimas, had a set of red top optimas that lasted 2 1/2 years. I had the group 34's with 800CCA a piece and dual terminals. Advance Auto warrantied them and I got a set of yellow tops at a total cost of $42 for the set (paid $127 a piece for the red tops) I was working for advance auto when I got the red tops, it was when the store first opened, and we had gotten a bad run of red tops(didn't matter what group size) Mine were the last 2 from that group(didn't know the group was bad until after I bought them) Just glad they died before going out of warranty. Hopefully these yellow tops hold up better.
Old 01-02-2011

I have a buddy that swapped his yellow top from one vehicle to the next for eight years
88 GMC C70 16' flat bed dump
Old 01-02-2011

I bought a set of RED Optimas and they were bad in less than 12 months. They were replaced with more of the same and I have been useing them for 4 years now with no problems. Infact when I traded trucks I had the dealer swap the batteries for me so they are now in my 07.5.

2011 330RLTS Jayco travel trailer with most of the options.

If your not the lead dog the view never changes.
Old 01-03-2011

There was a set of red tops in my truck when I bought it in 2001. I finally had to replace them in 2009. That is eight years that I had them and I don't know how long they were in my truck before I got it.
1996 2500 2wd auto club cab #100 plate 3/4 forward, AFC full forward, timing at 16.5*, Piers upgraded turbo, 15" glasspack muffler. Pyro, Boost, Tranny Temp Gauges 3.54 rears, air bags, 15k 5th wheel hitch for 28' Dutchmen, 16' aluminum boat behind
Now Running Propane!!