Home   Forums   Gallery   Vendors   Advertising   Links
Go Back   DieselRam.com > Diesel Ram Technical Topics > Technical Info: 3rd Generation: DRIVETRAIN
Technical Info: 3rd Generation: DRIVETRAIN Technical discussion of third generation (2003 - 2007) engine and drivetrain questions, solutions and upgrades.

Old 06-17-2008

Default Re: 4 wheel drive launches

its pretty hard u-joints also.

SOLD
99 2500 ext cab long box 5 speed, edge juice,smarty, afe stg 2, ARP headstuds, 5" straight pipe, lvling kit, South Bend 550hp clutch, 150hp maxsticks, and holley blue with a geno's relo kit.
Old 06-17-2008

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CSIXER</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How hard is this on the truck*\tranny? Is it ok 2 do it every now n again? Had 2 beat this powerjoke 2 day...had 30 day tags. Had 2 show him what was up n that he bought a turd.o.thanks </div></div>

[img]/forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laughing.gif[/img] [img]/forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laughing.gif[/img] [img]/forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/whistle.gif[/img]
I'm laughing because that sounds so familiar! [img]/forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laughing.gif[/img]
Mods: Custom built GB trans, & T/C | aFe stage II /PG 7 airfilter | aFe Blade Runner Intake Manifold| DSS | HRVP44 | 3rd Gen track bar kit | FASS 150 | Smarty | MagHytec rearend cover | SPS 62/14 turbo | HX40 Downpipe | HTT quickspool exhaust manifold | DDP 110HP sticks | FIrestone airbags | Quadzilla Adrenaline | Magnaflow 4" stainless exh | Leer cap | Bilstien HD shocks | Garmin GPS | Cobra 200 GTL DX CB
Old 06-18-2008

Send a message via AIM to Sixohh Send a message via Yahoo to Sixohh

More than likely that nice new trans would suffer catastophic failure in any number of weak places in the drive train, and, if it did hold they have a tendency to twist the case bad enough to break the VB. [img]/forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/yuk2.gif[/img] [/quote]

yeah, that's why am glad i went with the mag hytec deep pan. about 1/2" thick to aid in support of tranny tweaking a.k.a. 4wd boosted launches.

i have done several 4wd launches since the new built tranny. i never go past 30psi on the launch and it very rarely barks any tire.
97' 12v p-pump in a 92' 2500 body. reg cab 5spd KDP dead,no plate, electric fans, AC delete, Modded AFC, batteries moved to the bed, BHAF
AirDog 150, "pull to stop" cable,Max Headwork,Max Springs,ARP Studs, DDP4's & HTT 3pc manifold. 24v intake conversion w/ CFM+ intake horn...