Home   Forums   Gallery   Vendors   Advertising   Links
Go Back   DieselRam.com > Other Topics > On The Side
On The Side The name says it all. Are you bored? Have a rough day? Cat cough up a hairball? Well come on in and tell us about it! Here you will find discussions on almost everything under the sun. No Religion Or Politics are to be discussed here. PERIOD!

Old 03-17-2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetfueljockey View Post
Glad to here you still about trollwzrd, often wonder how you are....stay safe out yonder.
I am still around. I just don't get on here very often after I had to sell my trucks. I couldn't raise my legs very much to be able to get into them. I know most of you know I had a heart attack back in 2009. Well, I have had a pace make/defibrillator put in in 2010. Since then I also found out that my spine is collapsing on itself.
Have you ever had your arm over the back of a chair and have it go to sleep? Imagine the worst you felt then multiply by 10, that is how both legs, feet, arms and hands feel. I have lost about 60% use of my left hand and about 40% use of my right hand. The nerves have also made it feel like a belt is around my chest and tightens up on me once in a while and restricts my breathing. The tightness also goes from my chest to my knees and makes it hard for me to walk, that is the reason for the scooter, but I also use a cane or walker. I also don't drive very much anymore either.
The Drs. have told me that the average person's heart pumps about 50-60% but after my heart attack in 2009 they said mine is pumping at about 20%.

But on a good note I did QUIT SMOKING. Last Thanksgiving was 5 years.

2007 Chevy Uplander LS, Grey, 3.9

Golden Companion II, Blue, Electric Hybrid
Old 03-17-2016

Hey Wiz, sorry to hear about your health problems. I got lucky this past summer. I had a slight heart attack on Victoria Day & had by-pass surgery in June. (6 by-passes) I feel real great but has put a damper on my travel & retirement plans for the future. Insurance for travel now cost way to much so I can no longer go south for the winters.
Take care of yourself & wish you the best & all the luck.

Reg
Old 03-17-2016

Maybe we should start our own club, THE HEART ATTACK CLUB. I know about those by passes, What I haven't mentioned was my heart attack in 1994. After they did the angiogram and put me in the recovery room I had a massive coronary that almost killed me. They had to wheel me back in for an emergency heart surgery. You have me beat tho Arctic Owl I only had a 5 vessel by pass but they had to put a patch on the artery because they said a 6" piece of plaque broke loose and plugged up a whole lot of my heart.
The good thing was I didn't feel a thing for 3 days because of being high on morphine. I think the worst part was when they removed the staples, that hurt like hell, I had to make them stop twice.
They told me that I was actually better after the by pass surgery. I had more problems with my legs having reduced blood flow and swelling than anything else, and still do to this day. They took the veins from my ankle to my crotch on my right leg and my ankle to my knee on my left leg. When I had my heart attack in 2009 they told me I had 3 out of 5 vessels 99% blocked but the by pass ones were nice and clear even after 15 years of still smoking. They told me that since I already had the surgery there wasn't enough veins for them this time but for me to just live with it and all they could do was give me Plavix.

Old 03-17-2016

Well, Bruce, I guess my aches and pains pale by comparison....

But good to see you're still with us.

Jeff.
06 D3500 DRW Big Horn QC 2WD, 3.73, G56, BFG Commercial T/As, SuperChips Flashpaq, Cab-high Skaug body, Sparton pneumatics, K&N drop-in, Sirius. Valair dual-disc. 4x4x36 Magnaflow exits ahead of RH duals. LEDs at all ICC positions. Green LED floods at shift console(so you can get yer brew...er, Coke...in the cupholder in the dark...)
96 Grand Marquis GS pillow barge, 59000 miles.
Whiskey for my men, vasectomies for my enemies.
Old 03-18-2016

Yep, I keep telling myself how lucky I am to be on the "Right side of the grass" every morning. Also not in a home & bed ridden.

Reg
Old 03-26-2016

Glad to see you too Jeff, it has been a while.