Home   Forums   Gallery   Vendors   Advertising   Links
Go Back   DieselRam.com > Diesel Ram Technical Topics > Technical Info: 3rd Generation: DRIVETRAIN
Technical Info: 3rd Generation: DRIVETRAIN Technical discussion of third generation (2003 - 2007) engine and drivetrain questions, solutions and upgrades.

Old 01-07-2008

Default Re: quadzilla boost fooler

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tractor Man</div><div class="ubbcode-body">OK, since this is on the subject I am interested in-I want power and I want good mileage as well. I have been looking at all brands of programmer and or chips, but can not decide which one to use for the cost. Yes, like most folks I want it cheap! and reliable. I tow a 16' trailer with a small Kubota front loader and bush hog/boxblade/post hole digger attached. Fuel prices are getting worse each day as you well know, therefore I want to do what I can to save fuel. </div></div>

You're going to probably get a variety of responses here, lol. Personally, I would upgrade my exhaust to a 4" turbo back with a good Performance muffler to start with. Then I'd look into a FASS or AirDog LP to replace the factory lift pump. Before you really do any performance work or install any performance modules or downloaders, I'd also put in gauges, ie. EGT, Trans.Temp., Boost and Fuel Pressure. Get used to driving your truck like this for a week or two, then start thinking about doing some power upgrades. This way, you're more familiar with the trucks temps and watching those gauges. Good luck!
Oh and by the way, the Boost Fooler works great. [img]/forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]
2004.5 3500 SLT 4x4 QC DRW,Good Year GS-AT,AFE Torque Tube,BullyDog Intake,DiProcol Gauges,FASS95/150gph,WorkHorse PM,Smarty CR, TST PowerMax CR-37,HD AT,Fire Rung/Ported Polished Head,Custom Valves,springs,seats and rods,14MM HXD Studs,Smarty CR,6" Stacks,Scheid Diesel Pro Street Cam,Diesel Power Source Twins,DDP Stage II performance injectors,Upgraded CP3,adding Snow Performance Stage 3 water/Methanol and Bully Dog Nitrous Injection, ATS Arc Flow
Old 01-07-2008

Send a message via AIM to NISMOramAE86 Send a message via Yahoo to NISMOramAE86

is it really under $100 or are the ad's just being deceiving??
Frankenstein SV650s '85 hachi-roku
'91 300zxTT 2.5 Blata Pocket Rocket
Old 01-07-2008
alrit

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: NISMOramAE86</div><div class="ubbcode-body">is it really under $100 or are the ad's just being deceiving?? </div></div>

Yep, I paid $75 plus $5.95 for shipping. Best cheap mod I ever did. [img]/forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif[/img]
Old 01-07-2008

What the heck is a muffler??? These crazy kids these days making up words.... [img]/forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laughing.gif[/img]
2001 Q.C. 2500 CTD Auto. 4x4, Short Box, tow mirrors, FASS 150/95, BHAF, Quadzilla Adrenaline/Pulse, Stage 3 Sticks, Suncoast Triple T.C. & V.B. Billet pieces..., 6" stacks, Leveling Kit, 35" Rubber, Innovative Diesel Performance...I accept donations!!!
--Soon to come-- 150 sticks and an S300
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MmSRD...690d207814229a
Old 01-08-2008

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tractor Man</div><div class="ubbcode-body">OK, since this is on the subject I am interested in-I want power and I want good mileage as well. I have been looking at all brands of programmer and or chips, but can not decide which one to use for the cost. Yes, like most folks I want it cheap! and reliable. I tow a 16' trailer with a small Kubota front loader and bush hog/boxblade/post hole digger attached. Fuel prices are getting worse each day as you well know, therefore I want to do what I can to save fuel. </div></div>

OK, I like this kind of tale also.

"OK, since this is on the subject I am interested in-I want power and I want good mileage as well."

Does anyone know if I used a boost fooler alone with my Xzillaraider 2 XZT, would it help my mileage while towing?

How about adding a RokkTek to this mix, would that help mileage while towing?
04.5, 2500, Flame Red "Dragon", 2/WD, 48RE, 4:10, Quadzilla Commander, Xzillaraider 2 XZT, Rokk timing sensor, Banks High Ram Intake, Mechanical Oil Pressure Gauge, Holly Black, Navigation Sym, Firestone Air Bag, Hellwig Sway Bar, Spray/Liner, Factory SRT-10 Hood, Mag-Hytec Diff. & Tran. Keystone Bullet, Honda EU2000iA
Old 01-08-2008

Just put on my Edge and love it. Quick and easy install and the power was pretty good for just the one mod.

2008 VW Jetta 2.5

2002 Ducati 998 (for fun of course)
Old 01-09-2008

I called Quadzilla Tech Support yesterday and was advised to download the Max Mileage update and that it enabled boost fooling. Also advised adding another boost fooler wouldn't add anymore boost. Wouldn't give me anymore power or help with mileage.

I still would like to know if adding a Rokk Tec with Quad Mileage Mod would help mileage. I know if I call Rokk Tec, they will say add one. Does anyone know if too much timing advance will hurt anything?
04.5, 2500, Flame Red "Dragon", 2/WD, 48RE, 4:10, Quadzilla Commander, Xzillaraider 2 XZT, Rokk timing sensor, Banks High Ram Intake, Mechanical Oil Pressure Gauge, Holly Black, Navigation Sym, Firestone Air Bag, Hellwig Sway Bar, Spray/Liner, Factory SRT-10 Hood, Mag-Hytec Diff. & Tran. Keystone Bullet, Honda EU2000iA
Old 01-10-2008

Al, if you are not hearing any timing rattle then I would say try the Rokktech. I have one and have it adjusted so that I get the smallest hint of rattle when I'm getting on the truck hard. I haven't really paid attention to if my mileage has gone up on this truck though. On my 03 I did the tone ring mod and got a true 1 mpg increase and more off the line power.
Quads boxes seem to do more timing then some other boxes so some people can't use any additional timing from the Rokktech. I'm not sure how much extra timing that particular box is giving you but I know it is a pretty mild box...
04 2500 305/555HO SLT,QC,LB,48re,3:73s,Timberline Green/Silver,Leather, HE351 turbo,2nd gen intake,VA C3.2,BHAF,Custom4"Exhaust,Westachs,Timbrens,Bilste ins,Fumoto,Fogzilla,MOPAR DVD,MOPAR Running Boards...
Old 01-10-2008

Doddgezilla, Thanks, I also think this box is pretty mild. I just don't know if too much timing advance will hurt anything?
Old 01-10-2008

I see what you mean. I am looking at the quadsilla and commander controller. They are a package deal for about $659. More than I wanted to spend, but I like what I have heard from you guys on it. Thanks