Home   Forums   Gallery   Vendors   Advertising   Links
Go Back   DieselRam.com > Diesel Ram Technical Topics > Technical Info: 3rd Generation: DRIVETRAIN
Technical Info: 3rd Generation: DRIVETRAIN Technical discussion of third generation (2003 - 2007) engine and drivetrain questions, solutions and upgrades.

Old 10-30-2017

Default Todays Tuners/Programers

Finally in the market for a Programmer, with all the advancements with technology I am hoping there is now better programming for my truck, the one in my sig, minus the Rock sensor.. It's an early build 04, born in Oct. of 03. I am considering The Edge CTS. Guidance anyone? I know I've come to the right place.

Also considering a possible Trans project, Aisin or Allison... Allison is abundant and Aisin not so much... Then puter for that trans that will read my ECM. Am I crazy or is this even possible???
04 Laramie (H) 2500 HO QC 4X4 48RE 3:73 LS Putco Boss Bars LineX AFE Stage II Silver Stars 956 Moto's high idle ROKK sensor FASS MagHytec Diffs & DD trans pan

The Second Amendment is only vague if:
1. You cannot read and comprehend the English language
2. Choose to selectively alter the meaning of "the people" from amendment to amendment
3. Have never read any of the writings of the Founders

Anything else is a willful effort to twist the meaning of the Constitution to fit an agenda, or profound stupidity."
Old 10-31-2017

Send a message via ICQ to CaptainCummins Send a message via AIM to CaptainCummins Send a message via Yahoo to CaptainCummins

I think most people agree a built 48re is better than an Allison. Allisons are expensive to fix, and its really not as tough as a 48re. Last I knew, no one had a controller to make an Aisin or Allison work with a pre 07 Cummins in a dodge. Both of those transmissions use standalone controllers, and the Allison transmission needs an engine ECM programmed for an automatic so that the Allison can control engine torque.

I've been out of the loop for a while, but I think smarty is still near the top
Old 10-31-2017

The user me78569 on Cumminsforum & mopar1973man.com is writing the code for the Quad tunes.
2000 Quad Cab,Longbed, NV4500, 410 Gears, 4X4, ISSPro gauges, Thuren 3rd Gen Trackbar (beautiful), AGR Steering Box - box works - NOPE, spoke too soon. Never AGR again. 2 dumped fluid & lost brakes & steering, 4th is too loose. AGR = pp quality control & long wait for replacement (doing something different. Will update with what works), DSS Steering Brace, AirDog 100 = 13# solid, Rusty Doors (POR15 at the bottom for now covered with color match Rustoleum)
Old 10-31-2017
Administrator

My TST box has done everything i need for me, the smarty does have some nice extra features as far as accessing other programming features.

sold
'96 2500SLT CC LB 2WD, KDP tabbed,100Hp Maxsticks,16* ,3k gsk,afc modded,#8 tst plate,62/70/13 turbo,4" MBRP exhaust,AFE stage III dry filter intake,autometer boost pyro, oil, tran temp,DSS,rebuilt diff & tranny w/billet triple lock TC w/lockup switch,1tn rear cylinders,ride rites on all 4 corners w/on board air,465k km. 330 hp 766 ft/lbs
Old 11-22-2017

Hey Auto... long time since I've been here. I got a built tranny from my 04. I had J&H do the work. I rolled mine Friday morn down a canyon. Engine and Trans survived. The Pit 3 Canyon if you know the area above Big Bend. And walked.. really I climbed away from that accident.
End over end down a canyon.. truck is FUBAR: 2004.5 2500 HO 600 4X2 SLT QC LWB 48RE / 11.5 4.10 Limited Slip / ROKK sensor / FASS 95gph / Boost Fooler / Issapro Gauges / Rebuilt Engine with many mods including ARP studs / Trans rebuilt performace parts including builet shafts.

2018 3500 Laramie Crew Cab 4X4 Long Box / Bone stock for now.

98 2500 4X4 Reg Cab / 5 Speed / Bone stock
Old 1 Week Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by lupusludwick View Post
Hey Auto... long time since I've been here. I got a built tranny from my 04. I had J&H do the work. I rolled mine Friday morn down a canyon. Engine and Trans survived. The Pit 3 Canyon if you know the area above Big Bend. And walked.. really I climbed away from that accident.
Man, you are lucky as hell! Glad you are fine! We have some nasty roads around here in our neck of the woods and rocky terrain! Hell, I quit riding the roads behind the dam, just to nasty for me anymore. glad you're OK and still around..
What did you have ole Joel do to that trans? I almost bout a new 3500Mega cab last year, just for the Aisin trans to pull the new trailer, then seriously thought about it and figured I have a perfectly good 3rd gen with super low miles! Hell, the payments would of out lived me! Was all picked out at Dave Smith, plane tickets paid and hotel reserved! Had to eat the tickets and $500.00 hold $$. Oh well!
04 Laramie (H) 2500 HO QC 4X4 48RE 3:73 LS Putco Boss Bars LineX AFE Stage II Silver Stars 956 Moto's high idle ROKK sensor FASS MagHytec Diffs & DD trans pan

The Second Amendment is only vague if:
1. You cannot read and comprehend the English language
2. Choose to selectively alter the meaning of "the people" from amendment to amendment
3. Have never read any of the writings of the Founders

Anything else is a willful effort to twist the meaning of the Constitution to fit an agenda, or profound stupidity."
Old 1 Week Ago

On my 06 I had a bully dog gt. I bought it at the time because it had 4 settings and the display/readout. The display was rather small though. If I had to do it again (tuner wise), I don't think I would go with anything other than smarty. On the 2016, I bought an edge CTS2. Note that it is not a tuner, only a readout. It is pretty nice, has a lot of functions and colors, and is perfect in size. I do not have a tuner for the truck, as I don't really have a need. I realize the post is a few months old, but wanted to point out that when I bought the cts2 (over a year ago) a lot of places had inventories of the original cts, and were trying to sell them at almost cts2 prices. Not sure if that is still the case.