Home   Forums   Gallery   Vendors   Advertising   Links
Go Back   DieselRam.com > Diesel Ram Technical Topics > Technical Info: 3rd Generation: DRIVETRAIN
Technical Info: 3rd Generation: DRIVETRAIN Technical discussion of third generation (2003 - 2006) engine and drivetrain questions, solutions and upgrades.

Old 05-02-2011

Don't forget to check the damper pulley to see if it has slipped and rotated. Motor mounts are a stretch on an 06 but anything is possible.
Old 05-02-2011

Motor mounts look good and I don't see any issues with the new fluid dampner. I have noticed that the shake and fuel knock happen together. I'm leaning toward another injector issue. Oh well I'll do a cylinder cut out this weekend and see what I come up with.
2006 Ram 2500, 6 speed,4x4, 5.9 cummins, custom 4 inch exhaust, 5 inch RBP tip, injen cold air intake, airaid modular intake tube, Smarty S-06 POD set on #9, FASS 150 fuel pump, Dr. Performance pressure relief plug, quadzilla boost fooler, Byrd's diesel intake horn, fluid dampner, 3 inch leveling kit with dual steering stabilizers and custom length control arms from top gun customz, DSS steering box brace, Autometer phantom II gauges, south bend dual disc clutch
Old 05-03-2011

I see that you posted that you ordered a new South Bend Clutch. Was there an issue with your stock clutch?
Could you be getting your vibration from your clutch assembly? Does the truck shake with the clutch depressed?
Old 05-04-2011

I ordered a new clutch because mine has started slipping bad in 5th and 6th gear. My clutch rattles and makes alot of noise. I knew the day was coming when it would fail me.
2006 Ram 2500, 6 speed,4x4, 5.9 cummins, custom 4 inch exhaust, 5 inch RBP tip, injen cold air intake, airaid modular intake tube, Smarty S-06 POD set on #9, FASS 150 fuel pump, Dr. Performance pressure relief plug, quadzilla boost fooler, Byrd's diesel intake horn, fluid dampner, 3 inch leveling kit with dual steering stabilizers and custom length control arms from top gun customz, DSS steering box brace, Autometer phantom II gauges, south bend dual disc clutch
Old 05-04-2011

Like JR said, If the clutch rattles, that could throw the engine off balance just as well as the fluid damper, just from the other end.
Does it make any difference if the clutch is depressed or not?
My Other Truck is a Fire Engine!!
Old 05-05-2011

How long ago did you put the liquid damper on? When did the vibration start? It could be an injector as well, but you mentioned that the engine runs good and strong. Just grabbing straws.
2005 Dodge Ram 4X4 Quad Cab 5.9 CTD, NV5600 6 Speed Transmission. 373 Gear Ratio limited slip. Spyn Tec Lockout Hubs. Complete Banks Power Pack System, 5" Magnaflow Stainless Steel Exhaust. FASS Fuel System. Carli Suspension parts in front end. 285/70R17E NITTO TERRA GRAPPLERS Daystar leveling kit. Undercover Tonneau. Recon LED Smoked Tail Lights. Hunter Running Boards (Blade Series).
TOYS 2003 Honda Rincon ATV 2008 Can Am Renegade 800X ATV 1948 Buick Roadmaster 2 Dr. Sedanette
Old 05-05-2011
Administrator

Send a message via Yahoo to MAXTORQ Send a message via Skype™ to MAXTORQ

Don't know how I missed this thread .

Park the truck NOW it has an injector issue .

Need to find a shop that has a good scanner and do a cylinder drop test.

www.maxtorqdiesel.com
Old 05-05-2011

i've ran huge amounts of fuel system cleaner and upper cylinder lube through the engine this week. The clutch is still noisy but the engine is smooth as silk. Should I still park it?
Old 05-05-2011
Administrator

Send a message via Yahoo to MAXTORQ Send a message via Skype™ to MAXTORQ

OK SOO which is it motor loaps at idle or it runs smooth now?

www.maxtorqdiesel.com
Old 05-14-2011

the engine sounds smooth as silk but you can feel a bad shake at idle. I've noticed the tach doesn't always read the same at idle. Sometimes it idles at 700 rpm then other times it may be idling at 500 rpm. My rail pressure is always the same so I think the tach is just off. Is it possible my stock flywheel could be causing the shake?