DieselRam.com

DieselRam.com (http://www.dieselram.com/forum.php)
-   On The Side (http://www.dieselram.com/forumdisplay.php?f=355)
-   -   November mornings (http://www.dieselram.com/showthread.php?t=203253)

jetfueljockey 11-01-2018 05:24 AM

November mornings

Good morning DR, downright windy and serious band of rain drenching the Mississippi Valley. Sixty three now....probably the high for the day.

smokediver 11-01-2018 07:36 AM

Good morning diesel RAM. The heavy line came through about 6 a.m. along with severe warnings. No damage that I've seen in our area so far. Moderate rain now. Truck thermometer says 61 like jfj said probably the high for the day. Looks like a day to nap cook and watch TV. Y'all be safe.

cougar 11-01-2018 09:38 AM

Well, we hit zero. Actually a little below. We went from way above average to way below.

Clunk 11-01-2018 07:47 PM

Rainy 60's today.
Hauled stinky sludge to the big dump in the rain, there was no other work due to the rain.
Will probably haul more tomorrow. As long as I can stay in the truck, I'm ok with it.
Because the KW has the small C13, it doesn't get stuck easily. The engine is much lighter than the ISX's and C15's.
There was a large Cat service truck there and the wrench was working on a late model D9. He was looking at something on his laptop.

jetfueljockey 11-02-2018 05:22 AM

Good morning DR, Friday and PayDay…..the candy bar....I get one a couple times a year. After the bank run, lunch and wind up the week.....KnoxVegas tomorrow...not sure this is gonna fly, she is a planner and a neatnoid. Talk about polar opposites.....I have a floor jack in the living room. :eek: :D

smokediver 11-02-2018 08:19 AM

Good morning DR!!
Truck overhead said 44 at 7 a.m. overcast and moderately Breezy. Last work day it won't be dark at 5 p.m. till about christmas. Really messes with the logistics of shed hauling.
1.5" of wet stuff at home, but I'm gonna go 100 mi South & give it a try.

Gotta get a radiator on order.
Trying to decide if the all aluminum "performance" model is worth an extra $100... :dunno:
Clunk, I expect you're like me, it just dont seem right to need a laptop to work on a giant Tonka toy! :rolleyes:

cougar 11-02-2018 01:18 PM

-2 and clear. Still plenty of snow to go around. I'm board. Not much I can do though.

jetfueljockey 11-03-2018 04:41 AM

Good morning DR, 33* and clear.....58* later today. Warming trend of a sorts for me, heading south for the weekend. Family in from Ohio, getting up with them first thing. Coffee is ready, y'all come on up.

cougar 11-03-2018 09:40 AM

Some clouds came in and warmed us up a little to14. Clouds are moving out and the temperature is already dropping.
I was so board I rearranged my sock drawer.

smokediver 11-03-2018 11:08 AM

Good Morning DR..
Saw 39 about daylight, I think 68 is the rumor for later.
Took a family day. Going to watch Ralph play in regional band competition.
Lunch with family planned tomorrow for Dad's 72nd.
Chilly nights deer are moving.