DieselRam.com

DieselRam.com (http://www.dieselram.com/forum.php)
-   On The Side (http://www.dieselram.com/forumdisplay.php?f=355)
-   -   November mornings (http://www.dieselram.com/showthread.php?t=203253)

cougar 11-20-2018 04:48 PM

Just heard my employer is not renewing the lease on the hangar. Which means well, um, crap. I just got laid off. Reduction in work force they call it. I have until the end of the year to clear out my personal stuff and everything else from the hangar.

Clunk 11-20-2018 06:56 PM

Wow, that's bummer Cougar, now you'll have to decide which shop to work at when the word gets out you're available.

Clunk 11-20-2018 06:57 PM

Mostly cloudy 50's today.
Hauled asphalt and the KW clutch feels ok.

CaptainCummins 11-20-2018 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cougar (Post 1932162)
Just heard my employer is not renewing the lease on the hangar. Which means well, um, crap. I just got laid off. Reduction in work force they call it. I have until the end of the year to clear out my personal stuff and everything else from the hangar.

Sorry to hear man, hopefully a better opportunity comes along. I've been at my job going on 13 years now, I've been there since I was 19. The owner is a super great guy, but he is into his 70's and I worry about what will happen when he is gone. When the economy tanked in 07 he sold off a bunch of personal investments and what not so he would not have to lay anyone off. When he first went into business back in the early 80's, things got tight and he had to lay a bunch of people off, and he swore to himself he would not do that again. Ya just don't find people like that anymore.

jetfueljockey 11-21-2018 07:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cougar (Post 1932162)

Well crap cougar, sorry to hear that. Hope you get a good separation package. Alaska is all about aviation, something better will come along :)

jetfueljockey 11-21-2018 07:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaptainCummins (Post 1932165)
Sorry to hear man, hopefully a better opportunity comes along. I've been at my job going on 13 years now, I've been there since I was 19. The owner is a super great guy, but he is into his 70's and I worry about what will happen when he is gone. When the economy tanked in 07 he sold off a bunch of personal investments and what not so he would not have to lay anyone off. When he first went into business back in the early 80's, things got tight and he had to lay a bunch of people off, and he swore to himself he would not do that again. Ya just don't find people like that anymore.

I've been at this job over 18 years now....my last two jobs are 27 years of memories....the owner of my company is one of those guys, seen him do without to keep us on the payroll. That carries a lot of weight with me.

jetfueljockey 11-21-2018 07:22 AM

Good morning DR, 28* and clear, highs near 50* later. Turkey at my oldest girls house this afternoon, should be wall to wall people....hopefully :) gonna stake out a place to nap early on just in case :D

bigreddog 11-21-2018 08:31 AM

GOODMORNINGDIESELRAM...Sorry to hear that cougar. with Thanksgiving tomorrow, I think I'll give thanks for all the members here.

cougar 11-21-2018 10:20 AM

Sounds like a good plan BRD.

Freezing fog yesterday evening and night. Roads are very slick. My wait a day to go get my stuff.

Clunk 11-21-2018 07:09 PM

Sunny 50's today.
Hauled asphalt in the morning, gravel around lunch time and dirt this afternoon.
Supposed to have work Friday.