DieselRam.com

DieselRam.com (http://www.dieselram.com/forum.php)
-   On The Side (http://www.dieselram.com/forumdisplay.php?f=355)
-   -   November mornings (http://www.dieselram.com/showthread.php?t=203253)

bigreddog 11-13-2018 07:07 AM

GOODMORNINGDIESELRAM....Surprise, surprise, surprise....No Elk this year. First day it rained 7" did get good weather after but no snow. Came home and the wind had not blown my wife's leaves away, but it did blow everyone else's into my yard. So last evening we moved the rv back to the other side of the driveway, and low and behold my spotter (wife) backed me into the arborvitaes causing damage to the corner. Good to be back I may go waist some more time in the woods this weekend for late buck.

gkainz 11-13-2018 08:01 AM

Hey BRD - sorry about the no elk and the RV obstacles ... :( I managed to get a decent 6x6 elk this year just doing day trips, instead of my normal camp out and hunt the whole season. I honestly didn't expect to see a shooter this year, given my time and location constraints.
Freezer full of elk makes me smile.

cougar 11-13-2018 09:46 AM

Stitches are out and the Doc says I can start bending my knee now. Keeping me off work for the next 4 weeks though while going to physical therapy. Thought i'd use the time to get some work done on the 92 if I can get in it and drive.
The storm is passing out and the temperatures will stay below freezing by the end of the day until the next storm comes in by the weekend. Then it's rain, freeze, thaw all over again.

CaptainCummins 11-13-2018 07:05 PM

Went on a big four wheeling trip down to West Virginia over the weekend, First real vacation I've taken since got out of college in 06, had a fricken blast. Came back to NY and they were talking about a possible 1 to 3 inches tomorrow morning. Just got a notification on my phone for a winter weather advisory, they are saying 6-10inches now, possibly more in the persistent snow bands. I haven't switched the tractor from mower to snowblower, the Focus and Crosstrek don't have the snow tires on yet, gonna be a fun day tomorrow I can tell.

jetfueljockey 11-14-2018 05:14 AM

Good morning DR, trace of rain possible and temps in the thirties....Water company made a mess in the yard.....time to seed it and put straw down. Six pointer strolled through the front yard a couple of nights ago.....is their such a thing as a porch stand????????

smokediver 11-14-2018 08:24 AM

Good morning diesel RAM!
Truck says 33, windshield says light rain just enough to run the wipers on low delay, and I'm headed out to deliver buildings! Feeling strange... Something not right in head...
Just can't say no to a challenge.
Finally changed the radiator yesterday.
Didn't realize I had to disassemble the whole front end of the truck to get it out!

JFJ, porch stand, tailgate stand, kitchen door stand... whatever works!

cougar 11-14-2018 09:44 AM

18 cold and clear. Not going to get any warmer until Friday.
Was able to get in and drive the 1st gen yesterday. Went out to the house and picked up some parts. Today it's make arrangements to get the parts installed.

Clunk 11-14-2018 07:29 PM

Rainy 30's today. Worked on a Peterbilt, equipment trailer and a '95 single axle Freightliner w/5.9 12 valve Cummins....helped change the frontend.
Did some welding with my funky 110volt/90amp. mig welder. I ran out of flux wire made by Hobart. I went to Lowes and bought some Lincoln flux wire and I believe it welds better than the Hobart wire.

jetfueljockey 11-15-2018 05:22 AM

Good morning DR, th.irty six degrees now and that is the high.....falling rain and temps make for snow this afternoon.....rumor has near 60 tomorrow. Hummmmmmm…...Kitchen door stand would work here smoke....they hang out in the back yard too.

bigreddog 11-15-2018 06:33 AM

GOODMORNINGDIESELRAM... no elk this year but I do get to fix the 5th wheel where my wife wasn't looking and let me back into the arborvitae. Tore up the lower back corner, but she did keep an eye on the new gutters so I wouldn't hit those.