DieselRam.com

DieselRam.com (http://www.dieselram.com/forum.php)
-   On The Side (http://www.dieselram.com/forumdisplay.php?f=355)
-   -   November mornings (http://www.dieselram.com/showthread.php?t=203253)

cougar 11-24-2018 09:10 AM

Snow today, rain tomorrow and the next.
Got everything except my big toolbox out. I need to do some work on the 01 and may need it for my last month of work. Had help from a former employee that got laid off a while back. Threw a lot of stuff away, gave other stuff to my helper friend. Today I go unload my trailer.

smokediver 11-24-2018 09:18 AM

Good Morning DieselRam!!
50 this morning, 60+ later.
Rain started about dark yesterday. Supposed to be gone now, but all sloppy, again, or still.

Fire truck wouldn't start this morning...
Something with the solenoid engage wire to the starter..
Had to crawl under and jump it to get it started so we could pull it out cause you can't raise the cab inside and you can't get to much without raising it.
After that it started every time. :dunno:
I suspect a secondary solenoid...

Thanksgiving at Grandma's house with all the family. Good times.
Smoked a turkey at home yesterday while we ran to a sale or 2.
Local gun shop had GREAT deals on all used guns so... yeah.

Back on the clock today.
Hopefully it dries out some by Monday, but I think they're talking rain again..

Clunk 11-24-2018 05:46 PM

Mostly sunny 60's today.
Got up at 7am this morning, got cleaned up then welded a broken cheapo cast iron vise. I tig welded it with silicone bronze rods. I put it back on the workbench at the truck shop, tightened it a fair amount and it held.
I washed the bed of the KW out in case I get to do asphalt Monday. The clutch feels much better since the new front engine mounts don't allow much engine movement.

jetfueljockey 11-25-2018 05:55 AM

Good morning DR, Kinda slacked yesterday, piddle jobs at best. Visited family is about all. Should get the mail, try to do that a couple times a month. Maybe go to the shop and retrieve some papers...….Work tomorrow and supposed to be busier than last week.

cougar 11-25-2018 10:24 AM

32 and rain.
Was going to go unload the trailer yesterday, but instead I had to clean up a mess when the landlord's cheapo washing machine exploded flooding the kitchen. Maybe better luck today.
Tomorrow I go into work for meetings and replace the broken mirror on the 01. Maybe talk to the doctor about a limited return to work to help with the hangar clean out.

Clunk 11-25-2018 08:24 PM

Mostly cloudy near 60F today. After Church, I used my Mapco email coupon of 15cents/gal. at a local Mapco, total cost was $2.69-9 for 18 gal. #2.....wooo-hooo! Nearly filled it up then put in 2.2 gal B20 nearby.

jetfueljockey 11-26-2018 04:53 AM

Good morning DR, tad breezy this morning with the winds at 22 gusting to 35, daily high just after midnight …...temps dropping like a prom queens pa…..well... you know. Rumor has in the teens tomorrow night. Supposed to have today off but might go back because cold and dreary = 0 fun.

Clunk 11-26-2018 06:20 PM

Cloudy 40's today.
Hauled stinky sludge, peeuuu!!

jetfueljockey 11-27-2018 04:19 AM

Good morning DR, dropping pan....temps continues today to an overnight low in the teens. Still slack at work although made some head way with the Electro tug charger yesterday….around here everybody with a 99 piece Harbor Garbage tool set is a mechanic and a roll of black tape makes you an electrician.....SMH. On a good note nobody got electrocuted.

bigreddog 11-27-2018 06:47 AM

GOODMORNINGDIESELRAM...Rain today. I looked outside and it's dark and quiet...Too quiet!